What's new

Need some depth information on Tesoro Sand Shark

Deepseeker 1

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2008
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark, Ace 250
I was wondering if anyone in having experience with the Tesoro Sand Shark could give me some information. I would like to know if (for example)you have a ring or coin(of whatever size you have tested) lying flat at least what maximum depth could I expect in wet or dry sand of fairly clean nature that would give you a good repeatable beep. I know that there are variables but I do a lot of beach hunting and I have found out that the Ace 250 with the large(9 x 12) coil I can expect to top out at about 8 to 9 inches ...and that's stretching it with fairly large coins and rings. I do like what i've seen in my friends sand shark and i really want to find more with a more serious beach machine. I'm the kind of guy who likes to see real comparison statistics. If someone could give me an inch depth i could expect on rings and jewelry i would be very much appreciative. also how much more depth could i expect with a larger printed spiral coil on it. Thank you for any/ and all responses....happy hunting!!! :thumbsup: Deepseeker 1
 
You might check www.losttreasure.com & http://metaldetectorreviews.net I met someone who had the Tiger Shark & said good to about 6". Maybe the White's Beach Hunter ID does better, it uses 2 frequencies & had good report at losttreasure. Of course Tesoro will most likely repair a used detector for free. HH, George (MN)
 
Sorry I got the PI confused with a non-PI. I see people reporting coins & rings 10"12" deep with the PI. HH, George (MN)
 
Had one, would buy something other than a Sandshark. Better choices to be had.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom