FunWithTreasure
Hero Member
I posted this in the Indian Section but had really not much luck so I am posting it here so more people can maybe see it..
Was about 5 miles up in a mountain in Connecticut today doing alittle gold panning. I was digging in the stream when I came across this..Not sure what it is..Couldnt get any pics of it so I had to video it..Looks like it was tumbling around in the water for a long time. It is all stone. Has holes drilled in it crudely. I didnt realize till I got it home that it had a mark on the bottom.. Any Ideas...What makes me wonder is because of how far from civiliztion we where..
Some people say they think it may be fozzilized bone..
value="
Was about 5 miles up in a mountain in Connecticut today doing alittle gold panning. I was digging in the stream when I came across this..Not sure what it is..Couldnt get any pics of it so I had to video it..Looks like it was tumbling around in the water for a long time. It is all stone. Has holes drilled in it crudely. I didnt realize till I got it home that it had a mark on the bottom.. Any Ideas...What makes me wonder is because of how far from civiliztion we where..
Some people say they think it may be fozzilized bone..
value="

It definitly has no metal in it.
) - including those small holes themselves. The "bottom", with it's curved shape, almost seems like it was formed around a tube. As far as slag being metal - I've dug big chunks of what I thought was stone that turned out to be slag (sometimes the detector picked it up and sometimes it did not). The best thing you can do is take some very clear, well lit and focused photographs and/or a longer video with sound so we can hear an accurate description of your "whatsit". That would surely help expedite the identification process... 






