What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED No idea what this is! Need some help....

perdidogringo

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2011
Messages
582
Reaction score
1,757
Golden Thread
0
Location
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

I found this today and have no idea what it could be. It looks to be a small (bronze or copper?) container of some kind with a hinge on one end to open. After opening some broken glass spilled out (you can see the largest piece still intact in the photos below). I thought it was perhaps a locket of some kind at first but don't think so now. Any ideas?
image1.webp
image2.webp
image3.webp
 
it looks like a rouge container with a broken mirror
I would wonder if it is really a mirror, though. Looks like just a piece of clear glass to me.
 
Upvote 1
I would think a snuff box would not have glass or a window. Other option could be a pill box.
 
Upvote 2
Upvote 2
Thank you to all for your feedback1 It sounds like the best guess so far is a makeup compact, but I can't find a similar one online. Plus it was glass that was inside, not a mirror. So I'm going to keep this one as unsolved until I can find more definitive evidence of what it is.
 
Upvote 0
Thank you to all for your feedback1 It sounds like the best guess so far is a makeup compact, but I can't find a similar one online. Plus it was glass that was inside, not a mirror. So I'm going to keep this one as unsolved until I can find more definitive evidence of what it is.
The mirror silvering probably just flaked off the glass.
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom