What's new

Need some help again

doublet2a

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2007
Messages
1,281
Reaction score
306
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lindsay, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite 5", 8" & 10" coils. EXP II 8" & 10" coils with inline Sunray pin pointer. AT Pro 8" & 10" Coils, Equinox 600 10" and 5" coils.
Hope this one isn't as easy as the last one, I wanna make you guys work for this
Especially you Jim :tongue3:
Just kidding, I love this place for I.D.'s :thumbsup:
Dime for size, made of copper ???


Tim
 

Attachments

  • DSC04354.webp
    DSC04354.webp
    55.3 KB · Views: 427
  • DSC04355.webp
    DSC04355.webp
    49 KB · Views: 437
  • DSC04357.webp
    DSC04357.webp
    67.9 KB · Views: 428
SomeGuy said:
The inclusion of a specific date makes me think it's a seal for something time sensitive or subject to spoilage, such as a mail bag, sack of flour, etc.
could it have been from a bag of money to pay the troops i dunno :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
For sure it is a Quarter Master Corp item. I have found spoons with Q.M.C. printed on it. Good find but I'm not sure what it is.
 
Upvote 0
I did some surfing and found a historic Quarter Master site in San Francisco, CA that was extablished in 1848. It apears that there is a QM museum at that site now. The article I found goes into a lot of history about the Quarter Master Corps depot in San Francisco. I have no doubt that this is the origin of the unknown item, but I still have not figured out what it is or what it came off of. http://www.qmfound.com/san_francisco_depot.htm Monty



Above Link Modified, copied it wrong the first time! Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom