What's new

Need some help folks

Henry2

Full Member
Joined
May 27, 2011
Messages
230
Reaction score
48
Golden Thread
0
I found this a couple years back and I have no clue to what it is. My friend said it looks like a old type of fork made to save space. Does anyone have any ideas and if so possibly a date to this piece. By the way I believe it is made out of brass. I can tell there was another piece to this that broke off and that is why my friend believes it was a 2 pronged fork.
SS850813.jpg

SS850812.jpg
 
Looks like one of these ... forget what they are called but is part from horse harness.

check line or rein guide they are called.
 

Attachments

  • PHOT0219.webp
    PHOT0219.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 425
  • PHOT0219.webp
    PHOT0219.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 416
Upvote 0
Here is pic of one in use, slightly different style but same use, just behind horses ear on bridle.
They were also use farther back on the horses side on the harness for same thing , check line guide.
 

Attachments

  • 178px-Horse-at-Work.webp
    178px-Horse-at-Work.webp
    8 KB · Views: 544
Upvote 0
Wow thanks a bunch, this was driving me nuts for a long time, I should've posted it awhile ago here :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom