Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a digital camera and would like to post my finds here on treasurenet,
but I cant figure out how to crop my photos small enough where the pics
will fit on the space limited to my pics.
Please help me figure out how to crop my pics, it doesnt say
how to do it in my cameras manual, it is a sanyo VPC-S1070,
thanks in advance,
Allen

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
I just use the paint program on windows usually under accessories

then open the picture

hit control W and it brings up the
streach and skew block
under streach I usually start with 45 % in both horz and vert.
save it then go checks its kb # and it most times is under the
250 kb requirement if not I redo it again reducing it some more like maybe 10-15 %
till I get under the requirement

you can also crop under the paint program too if you want to cut stuff out

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
When you download your pics from camera to computer there should be a way to crop your pictures in there. I use my printer to download my pictures. I pick which pictures I want resized to email size and hit 1 button and they are automatically resized to a smaller picture. I then transfer the pictures into Photobucket to post in here.

Sue

G

gamiller

I often use photofiltre (free download) The programs allows you to resize the pics , sometimes you dont want to crop the picture. Also many digital camera have adjustment for file sizes. A smaller file size will result in smaller pics which can be preferable posting on some web site or e-mailing. I myself prefer the larger size files because a large file can be reduced with good result , but small file size cant alway be enlarged without some loss of quality. Greg

S

Smee

One other thing to consider: If you use jpg pics, you can reduce the quality to 75 or 80% and you won't really see much difference . . . except the file size. The pics I take can be reduced to under 100KB by using 80% when I save it for uploading.

Hope that helps. If not, Gimp has been ported to windows for quite some time. Excellent graphics program and free. www.gimp.org - really rivals photoshop without the big pricetag.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread