Need Someone to Show Me the Ropes

Dig'n Bandera

Jul 9, 2007
Lakehills, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and my old BH Prospector DX as a backup!

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
Jeff.Kennedy said:
I've been out a dozen or so times now over the last 2 months. I've found lots of clad and a nice silver ring, but I want to improve my skills. Any of you "old-timers" want to take me out and give me some tips? I live between San Antonio and Bandera (Lots of cool old sites out that way).

Jeff
i'd be looking for arrowheads in that area

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
571756-Rope-0.jpg

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Jeff.Kennedy said:
You guys are awesome!

Sorry, I'm an old timer, but know nothing about Texas detecting. I'm from Kentucky and the ground is different here.
I hope you didn't find me offensive about the rope comments. There are a few people who are comedians (me) and take everything literally when given the opportunity.

Feel free to ask for help anytime, I'm sure there are some Texans around that may help.

My advise would to be get a good set of headphones, so you can hear subtle differences between sounds. Get a good handheld digging tool and a short handles shovel (folding army shovel or Lesche shovel 35ish inches). Alot easy to carry than a regular kinda shovel.

Get a 5 gallon bucket and dump your non-goodstuff, but not garbage into. This way you can go back and check it out later once you start finding out what stuff is.

Good luck and happy hunting (hh).

Burt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread