Neighbors yard...

Phishfarmer

Feb 26, 2016
Petersburg Virginia
Detector(s) used
Deus, Others
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A guy a couple of houses down had a dumpster backed up to his house and was throwing out plaster and lath so I asked him if it was ok if i detected his yard. He said yes. I found 54 coins in a couple of hours almost all of them Lincolns. Oddly I didn't find any wheat pennies but I found an 1888 Indian head and a 44 Merc.

Also found a three ringer, a couple of percussion caps and a long bar of pure lead that had been twisted into a curly-cue on the end. The ornamental looking thing with a flower design on it is also lead.

Just stuff but it was fun.

2018_Feb_21_Finds[1].jpg
20180221_173026[1].jpg
20180221_173043[1].jpg

Upvote 27
''The ornamental looking thing with a flower design on it is also lead.''

Are you sure? That would be very unusual & the picture doesn't look lead. I agree they 'might' of made this 18th C piece in pewter?

CW and silver sounds good to me!

Looks like a great day to me! Congrats! :icon_thumright:

And a 3 ringer? you just never know, sounds like a fun hunt in an old yard. Phishfarmer, I noticed Petersburg, VA. Seems my Great Grandfather visited there in July of 1864, but was not quite welcome it seems having been shot in the neck and shoulder at "The Crater".

pretty darn good yard to find those finds. that's the kind of stuff many are hoping for

sweet finds nice way to sieze the opportunity

Congratualtions on the very productive hunt! :occasion14:

LOVE THY NEIGHBOR .................... :goldtrophy::goldtrophy::goldtrophy:..........:tchest:

I moved here not knowing the CW history. I found a few bullets in my yard and got hooked. The Crater is within musket shot of the street I live on.

Wow. That is a ton of coins. I wonder what happened to the other oldies? Great job on the Merc and IHP!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back