(solved) NEL attack coil wiring instructions for Excal
I have a nel attack coil and am going to solder it to my Excal but do not have the wire diagram as the wires are not color coded but numbered 1-4 any help would be great thanks,
I searched Google and found this - not sure if it is related...
Hi all hope your good, Just recently upgraded the Coil on the Excal II from the standard 10” to the NEL ATTACK 15”, So below is the correct wiring instrucions
1 - Red - Thick grey cable
2 - Black - Thin cable that surrounds the first grey cable 1 (Red)
3 - White - Thick grey cable
4 - Yellow - Other thin cable that surrounds 3 (White)
I figured it out but had to watch a video in russian to do it lol. I was actually removing it to install the stock coil back on and needed to figure out the color coded excal stock coil to the wires left from the nel coil. I will be selling it on the TNET Classifieds.
The tx wires are low resistance - like 1 Ohm. The rx wires are like 1K Ohms. The original coil wire resistances are the same. Use a DVM (meter) to check the original coil wires. Then temporarily wire your new coil so match up. But you may need to reverse the pin wiring order. I think there is a message in the excal forum to get these correct.