What's new

Old Minelab coil...

MMiinneerr

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2025
Messages
22
Reaction score
32
Golden Thread
0
Location
West Dundee, Ill
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle s90, Whites eagle, Minelab Soverign Elite, Advantage
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello there Just obtain an old coil with the connector. Its a Minelab Seasearch coil. Looks like a seashell lying flat. Im trying to find the color placement connector for this coil. Does anyone have any idea or drawing of the color connection. I have the female connectors i bought for this. Need to solder it back to connector so i can use it with my Minelab! Thanks! Have a great weekend!!
 
...Minelab Seasearch coil...color placement connector for this coil. Does anyone have any idea or drawing of the color connection...
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS over to BRANDS > MINELAB for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum NEW MEMBER INSTRODUCTIONS Description: New to TreasureNet? Introduce yourself to our community here! Welcome aboard and Happy Hunting!
 
Hello there Just obtain an old coil with the connector. Its a Minelab Seasearch coil. Looks like a seashell lying flat. Im trying to find the color placement connector for this coil. Does anyone have any idea or drawing of the color connection. I have the female connectors i bought for this. Need to solder it back to connector so i can use it with my Minelab! Thanks! Have a great weekend!!
How about a photo? If it's shaped like a horseshoe crab, it's probably an early Excalibur coil. If so, I believe that's the only model it fits.
 
I think that's the one he's talking about. I believe it has a Seasearch decal on the coil.
 
I seem to remember using one with a Sovereign.
 
How about a photo? If it's shaped like a horseshoe crab, it's probably an early Excalibur coil. If so, I believe that's the only model it fits.
 
Hello there u all! sorry didnt get a pic of that coil. but Treasure Hunter just posted a pic of that seashell to the excailbur model and forgot that one was hardwired hence the connector not being on it !! Doh! Thank u all very much! Gonna try putting a connection on it and see if it works with my Elite! Have a great Labor weekend u all!! Brian
 
Excals and Sovereign coils were interchange.
I knew the later ones were, but, I wasn't sure about the Sword/early Sov. Wasn't it a 4 wire coil? I thought it was somehow incompatible with the later design.
 
I knew the later ones were, but, I wasn't sure about the Sword/early Sov. Wasn't it a 4 wire coil? I thought it was somehow incompatible with the later design.

Some of Swords were 4 wire and some were 5 wire, as far as I can remember they were both still interchangeable with all Sov models. Sword coils are rare as hens teeth now.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom