Nel Tornado on F75

kjernigan

Oct 28, 2012
NC
Detector(s) used
F75ltd/Fisher Coinstrike/ Fisher CZ5/ Minelab Explorer XS/ Minelab Sov/ Teknetics T2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one on my F75 that has no trouble with Ground balance, but I tried one a few years ago and it gave me fits trying to GB. I sent that one back and just this year, decided to try another one. I don't know if they changed them or if the first one was bad.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine works perfect. In fact, I can't remember the last time I ran my F-75 with the stock coil.

Edward78208

Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

Would you still recommend this coil?

Or something else?

Edward

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,

Would you still recommend this coil?

Or something else?

Edward

I got your PM. The Tornado coil makes these machines complete beasts. I never had a need to change out that coil. It even did good in heavy iron when swinging slow. I actually have one from my old machine I would sell cheap.

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mine will make the omega have fits ground balancing. The t2 has a hard time balancing with the detech ultimate. Yeah I’d say it happens. Sometimes balancing in all metal with the sens real low works. You can keep the coil off the ground, sometimes that works. I’ve also found that waiting 3 minutes or so after the machine is on will help too. Hope that helps

OP
OP
miserman

miserman

Oct 25, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD F-pulse and Tek-Point pinpointers Sunray Pro gold headphones
The issue I have with my Tornado coil is that it it will not Fast Grab Ground Balance if the soil mineralization is mid 50's or below. Anything above about 60 will Fast Grab Ground Balance properly. Most of the soil in my area is in the 60's and 70's but when I'm in soil that is lower, I have to Manual Ground Balance. This is NOT a problem once you are aware of this characteristic of the coil. Also as Iowa Relic stated "balancing in All Metal with the sens real low" will help. The coil runs very stable and gives some added depth as well as covering a bigger area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread