Neutral feed back, stupid

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a neutral feedback on an item I sold. I listed it as a blue bracelet it's pictured as a blue bracelet. The buyer gets it and left neutral feedback saying it's black not blue! Oh it's blue there's no way it's black it's definitely blue! That's for contacting me about it! And they continue on saying its beautiful and heavy! Sometimes ya can't win!!

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one also last week for some old wood picnic forks and spoons. Box was in terrible shape, but it was described that way. Neutral feedback left was "OK" If they weren't happy with it, I would gladly given them their money back and because it was a low end item, I would have told them to keep the item and start their next bonfire with them. Neutral feedback make no sense when you offer a money back guarantee.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From memory, I don't think you can revise a neutral, so there's not really any point in thinking about it. There's always going to be people like this. Right now I have a fairly high feedback and surprisingly back to 100%, so I know there's some idiot going to leave me a totally unjustified negative soon. I think most people would see this and think.... this seller must put in a great effort to keep such good feedback, and I would try to work things out no matter what the problem to keep it good, but there's others that like to be the one person to kill it from 100%.

Ursus

Apr 3, 2009
Ohio
I had a neutral a couple years ago from a Tickle Me Elmo I had sold to a lady. In the description, I stated that it required 6 AA batteries (batteries not included). I got a neutral from her, stating that it would have been nice if I would have supplied the batteries. Like stated previously, no pleasing some buyers!

sgtrmd

Tenderfoot
Nov 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got two neutrals in the past two weeks. The first was because there was sticker residue on the box the item came in. The second was for a box of Yu-Gi-Oh cards I sold. The description stated multiple times that the item was not sealed, but the buyer in his feedback stated item not sealed.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From memory, I don't think you can revise a neutral, so there's not really any point in thinking about it

We had a buyer leave a neutral before they even got the item. After sending them a message, we found out it was done by accident and it could be revised.

I despise buyers like that. I know the neutral is basically the same thing as a negative, for small seller like me anyway, so do you think eBay would do anything about it? I know they do about negatives.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I believe there are people out in ebay land that get their rocks off by doing that crap. It has happened to me and if you contact me I will fix the problem. It is the kid that got beat up everyday at school. He hides behind the keyboard and screws with people, that he wouldn't to their face.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many years ago I bought a blue sapphire ring. What I got was a plastic ring and the seller did not know the difference. Now selling on ebay myself it was worked out and I made a very good friend in the process. Miscommunication is one barrier to buying on ebay. My last several purchases on ebay resulted in flat out lies buy the seller(s). They did not even have the product, it came from a warehouse and the items all arrived scratched and damaged. I was trying to buy a collection of dvd's and was left scratching my head as what to do. Do I leave good feedback and other get hosed, by not one but several sellers. Or do I call it like it is? In the end after contacting the sellers, I was left to my own devices. I did contact ebay about the warehouse issue, and items damaged in shipment. I choose not to leave feed back at all. I also have not bought anything from ebay. If you truly want a item as described, I have had good luck with Amazon. I wish you all the best of luck. Also use fed ex, lil more pricey but the item doesnt get destroyed in shipment.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I had a woman leave me a neutral on a book that I sold her. Get this: the neutral that she left was because she didn't think that the author did a very good job writing the book.

No, I'm not making that up. I got a neutral for the contents of a book that I didn't even write.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I am fixing to take a neg over an item that I sold recently.

We found this new item at a thrift store, and the item is clearly marked with the company name and product number.

I shipped it out, and the buyer got it the next day, and then threw a fit because it didn't have four other accessories that she 'assumed' would come with it. We posted 12 pictures, and carefully described it.

She was screaming mad, so I had her return it, and I offered to refund her return shipping too. I sent 6 emails trying to confirm her paypal addy, which she never really did confirm. I sent the refund anyway, and now she is TICKED that she has to confirm the refund thru PP.

I fully expect to take a neg from this gal, even though I've bent over backwards trying to please her.

In 8,000 transactions, I've gotten one neg from a crazy guy in Kentucky. I am beginning to wonder if I found the crazy person in Michigan.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be contacting eBay, that is stupid. I would also have been very mad about that book. I can't stand people like that.

I choose not to leave feed back at all

Good choice if you were talking about just that transaction. I may have also contacted the seller just to let them know about it.

However, if you are just saying that you won't leave feedback at all, you should start for good transactions. There is nothing more frustrating to me than a buyer not leaving good feedback. Especially when I get a message that says something like Great item, no problems, very nice, etc.

Last edited:

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From memory, I don't think you can revise a neutral, so there's not really any point in thinking about it. There's always going to be people like this. Right now I have a fairly high feedback and surprisingly back to 100%, so I know there's some idiot going to leave me a totally unjustified negative soon. I think most people would see this and think.... this seller must put in a great effort to keep such good feedback, and I would try to work things out no matter what the problem to keep it good, but there's others that like to be the one person to kill it from 100%.

I hate to be cynical but what you say is true. We go between 99.9% and 100% all the time. The people who leave a negative have a history of being the only person to leave a negative on sellers with otherwise perfect feedback. I even had one tell us: "kiss your 100% rating good bye". Ebay subsequently removed the rating as "feedback extortion".

It's like anything else in life, some people are to immature to be trusted with even an iota of power - here in the form of the ability to leave a feedback rating.

Oh what a miserable life it must be - even if not recognized by the wielder.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, some people just love to wave around a gun (bad feedback) and threaten people, or are too quick to pull the trigger.

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a Neutral revised yesterday. Sent a brand new one yard cut of M&M fabric off a full bolt, sent with exact shipping cost and mailed same day as we are TRS. The feedback was "Great" and then a neutral. I contacted the buyer and eBay and within hours it was revised to POS.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a Neutral revised yesterday. Sent a brand new one yard cut of M&M fabric off a full bolt, sent with exact shipping cost and mailed same day as we are TRS. The feedback was "Great" and then a neutral. I contacted the buyer and eBay and within hours it was revised to POS.

Good to know, even though neutral doesn't bother me a whole lot.... I still block the buyer though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread