What's new

Never grab Bose headphones to use on your detector!

tigerbeetle

Full Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2009
Messages
166
Reaction score
275
Golden Thread
0
Location
Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Many -- Fisher, White's, Minelab, Cobra, others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I did – and it’s gonna cost me.
I busted my trusty, many-year detector headphones in my tuck door. Slam! Crunch!
And, in a “crunch,” I ran in and grabbed my $200 Bose home stereo headphones – you know, for a one-time emergency use only.
Kiss ‘em good-bye.
Those Bose headphones won’t be leaving my Fisher CZ3D any time soon.
I swear it was as if my detector took on a new life. I was hearing – and finding – things like never before.
Looks like I’m going to need another set of Bose for the stereo.
And, no, the Bose people didn’t offer me my very own llama for saying this. It was just a detecting revelation I couldn’t help but share.
Truly, headphones can make the detecting difference.
 
I used a set of elcheapos that came with my G2 for a few days. Plugged in some Klipsh S4 earbuds and could not believe the difference. Went straight and bought a set of Killer B II's and love them. I am sure they are not in the league with the BOSE but will admit that the better phones make a huge difference in sound quality over the low end ones. Want to get a F75 or T2 in the near future and plan on getting another set of quality headphones for them. Then will have 2 pair just in case. Gonna keep the G2 as a back-up as well. I hunt in the woods pretty often and go through some thick stuff so may get a pair with the replaceable cord like the Grey Ghost NDT's.:icon_thumleft:
 
Thanks for the info on the Bose...... I wondered how Bose ear phones would work on my detector........... Now i have to get a set to try.:icon_thumleft:
 
What!!! no llama.....pffffft.
 
If you can afford Bose headphones, you don't need to find treasure.
 
If you can afford Bose headphones, you don't need to find treasure.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean you don't want to find treasure. 8-)
 
woundering if it would work with the Bose QC25 noise cancelling ones
 
Good info. I thought you were going to tell us a story about how your Bose one got ruined by the detector or something like that.
 
If you can afford Bose headphones, you don't need to find treasure.

Sounds like if you want to find treasure you can't afford not to have them.

I'll bet tigerbeetle's pair paid for themselves.

A while ago somebody told me his father had a saying "Son, we're not rich enough to afford being cheap."

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom