Never thought I'd find this!

IndianHead97

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone,

Last night I decided to go to and elementary school that I hadn't been to yet and I'm glad I did. I ended up pulling in over $7 in change and one of my best finds to date. I got a really high signal on my detector and thought it was at best a pocket spill. I crack the dirt open and there it was! My first silver dollar!!! Technically its not but I'm counting it as one haha. I'm thinking it was some kids good luck coin from his date of birth, 1988 and he lost it there. It's in pretty rough shape but I'll take it! It amazes me how someone could lose something like this. IMG_3805.JPGIMG_3806.JPGThe pictures are posted below thanks for looking!

Upvote 34
American silver eagle. Weird to find a bullion coin in a school yard. Some ones mom was pissed when she found out

Great find I found a Morgan still happy about it you never know what you will find I found a WW@ hat pin at a park kid probably took from his Grampa or something. Thanks for sharing your finds

Nice find!! Congrats and HH

Great find. It is unusual to find the Silver Eagle bullion coins, but a few people on the forum have accomplished that feat.

Great find. That is one of the cool things about this hobby. You never know what will turn up where. Congratulations.

Welcome to the Club Chug and red Trade dollar fake red found last year looking for a Pic

Here is a pic trade doller.jpg

Super find ! I have found two of them over the years and both were at an elementary school . The kids lose big silver , not lucky for them but very lucky for us diggers .
Glen

It amazes me how someone could lose something like this.

Believe Me, It hurts to lose your Pocket Dollar! I was given and 1895 Morgan in AU condition. After keeping it in my pocket for a while a good friend gave me a round plastic thing to keep it from wearing. (Don't know the correct term for the plastic "coin saver." I kept that dollar in my pocket as a reminder to never judge people by their appearance. The guy that gave it to me was a complete stranger, but a friend of a friend. He needed a shave, a bath, a haircut, and clean clothes. But he was incredibly intelligent and super interesting to talk with. Mid way through our conversation he excused himself, went out to his old beat up toyota and after rummaging around in something I couldn't see from inside our business, returned and handed me a Franklin Half and the aforementioned Morgan. Said his dad was crazy wealthy and used to make trips to Reno just to purchase gold and silver coins. He said he had more than enough money so when he met someone he enjoyed talking with he gave them a nice silver coin as a way of thanking them for not judging him for his appearance and for good conversation. The half was for our mutual friend and he gave me the Morgan. I was floored!

Lost the Morgan years later. I think it fell outta my pocket on a flight.

Congratz on an awesome find! Hang onto it.

Dang nice coin !!

Very nice find! :occasion14:

Sweet find!!
I found a Silver Eagle in my change from a convenient store on my way to detect last year. Probably some kid robbing Dads stash. You never know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back