What's new

New and need advice

SouthernGirl

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
372
Reaction score
41
Golden Thread
0
Location
alabama
I am new to this forum and have some questions. My husband and I are moving and as I have gone threw the house have discovered that we have collected a lot of change though the years. One is a 3 foot can of mixed coins and I also found a wet wipe container of half dollars that we must have saved when the girls were little. I really don't know where to start and what to do with what I find. I did find a merc dime in a film container also. Please any advice on how to start this new project would greatly be appreciated.
 
Upvote 0
Welcome! Read the first post on this forum. All the info you need is to be found there. Good Luck!
 
Always a pleasure to welcome a lady to the forum. Post your questions and we will answer.

Golden Silver
 
Pretty country up there. I'd go through the coins and save any dimes, quarters or halves before 1965. You could save pennies before 1982.
 
alabamadan said:
Pretty country up there. I'd go through the coins and save any dimes, quarters or halves before 1965. You could save pennies before 1982.

Scratch the halves cutoff. Save anything from 1970 and earlier. Halves prior to '65 have a 90% composition of silver. From 65 to 70, they have 40% silver.
 
Ask any question you have about anything. TNet is full of experts.
 
and if you have something you can't identify...try to post a picture on this forum. there are some really sharp coin roll hunters in this group. they've helped me a few times. *thanks again, guys!*

good luck and i hope you find some treasure!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom