What's new

New apartment finds

JM1184

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2016
Messages
61
Reaction score
193
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Spent all last weekend moving, the house is from 1840 but it's within the area of the city that's been inhabited since the Dutch established a fur trading settlement in the late 1600s. My landlord said I could detect the back, although archeologists have supposedly sifted it etc. There's lots of slag and coal blocking the signals but I found some stuff in a quick 2 hour hunt. A gold gilted 2 piece button, the back marks are very crusty, I can only make out "onson" and "ich" I'm assuming it's "Johnson/rich" not sure about the other half. A dandy button, a fired round ball, a plated hem weight and two square weights. A very small colonial buckle, I'm not sure what type. And two brass fragments, I think the larger one is from a firearm. Also a stamped copper piece with what I think is an old smith & Wesson logo, the back is threaded. Thanks for looking ! Any info on ID'ing is appreciated !
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    380.3 KB · Views: 130
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    310.9 KB · Views: 115
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    246.1 KB · Views: 118
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    287 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 10
Nice finds! Congrats. :thumbsup:
 
Sweet, glad they left some relics for you there. Sounds like a great site with a lot of history.
 
Looks like curtain or dress hem weight nice finds congrats
 
Nice finds! Your follow up photo is definitely hem weights. The round version is most common. The button photo in the bottom left corner of your original post almost looks like a Smith & Wesson insignia.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom