What's new

New at this....my finds for this week!

Ladyrockhunter

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 29, 2018
Messages
6
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these in northeastern Missouri. Could anyone please tell me about them? I'm relatively new at rock hunting, and I'm curious as to what I have found.
 

Attachments

  • 20180505_204414.webp
    20180505_204414.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 164
Upvote 0
Nice! Congrats
 
I believe the center point is a Thebes square notch, after some research. Was wondering how common these are in Missouri. 20180505_112216.webp
 
Last edited:
I’m in MO as well. Great finds. 100% a Thebes. I’ve never found a Thebes so you’re off to a good start. Looks beveled which is a result of Re sharpening. You should also note grinding on the base. Welcome to tnet!
 
Yep, a Thebes and a dandy.

Unless you are exceptionally lucky and hunting a great site, that might be your best find for a while. It’s that good.
 
I was actually mushroom hunting, and it was on the edge of a freshly turned field. I knew this field had given up quite a few points, but I've never been that lucky. I'm still in awe.
 
Morels? Hope ya got a sack full!
 
The Thebes point was named after the town of Thebes on the Mississippi River in SW IL. This is an early archaic knife that dates back to 7000 B.P. Your point is a classic and worth quite a few bucks. Joshuaream is right. You'll likely have a hard time topping that find anytime soon. I'd be back in that field SOON! Gary
 
Thebes points are one of my favorite types. That one is close to perfect. Many found have been reduced to nubs by resharpening. Nice finds!
 
Super day.Congrats :occasion14:
 
That notched point is special! Hope you can get back to that field again soon!
 
Thanks for the input! I'll be back out there asap! The field is around 300 acres of river bottom with a raised level running parallel to the river and the length of the field, with chips and flakes the entire length. If only i could dig it. Just curious, what is the Thebes worth?
 
Last edited:
You are starting off with a bang. Thebes is real nice.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom