What's new

New bank - $880 in halves that havent moved in over a year...

Fredness

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
346
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
New bank - $880 in halves that haven't moved in over a year...

...all customer wrapped, old paper rolls with plenty of wear. Sounds great huh?
Sorry, 1 - '64 and 6 - 40% in the lot.
I had many solid rolls of '71, '76, '96, '99 and '01 with check marks on the face of '74, '77, and '96's.
There were only 6 rolls that were not from that same batch and they resulted in all the finds.
Looks like someones abandoned dump site.
Made the vault teller very happy, she's saving halves for me now, but not large dollars - apparently the Tooth Fairy gets those.
 
Upvote 0
Re: New bank - $880 in halves that haven't moved in over a year...

Not a bad number from that, beats a skunk! You can check the 74's for DD pretty fast when they are sorted like that.


Maine_Jim
 
Re: New bank - $880 in halves that haven't moved in over a year...

Most likely they have been picked thru either by other customers or tellers. Some banks and CU will let customers open up the rolls and look thru them and take what they want. Sometimes tellers will do the same in their spare time just to get the silver.
 
Re: New bank - $880 in halves that haven't moved in over a year...

Funny. There is a bank that I went to a few months ago that had exactly $880.00 in halves. I didn't touch them because I knew it was a dump. I picked up a large dump there before. It used to be a good bank for silver before someone started using it as a dump bank.
 
Re: New bank - $880 in halves that haven't moved in over a year...

This is a really good local bank in a small town, they don't have a coin contract so they have to pay $$$ to ship coins out. Figured I'd take a shot at it, get in good with the vault teller and use them as a supply point - now that I know they are "clean". So far, so good.
If I see dumps in the future, I'll decide if they are enough to make me rethink their status.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom