ianSF
Full Member
- Joined
- Apr 6, 2006
- Messages
- 114
- Reaction score
- 19
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Excal 1000
Hi All-
A few months ago i opened an account at a small hole in the wall local bank and ordered $1500 to start. They had told me no fees for the coin orders and they would order me as many halves as I wanted, but they have pretty steep fees for depositing any coin, even rolled. They did mention it up front, so that's fine with me. I just re-roll and deposit at a Wells Fargo where I have another account.
They forgot to order that first batch and they were late getting the coins in when they did, but it seemed to work out for the best. The first of three Bens was peeking at me from box #1.
And from box #3, another Ben on the end!
In total, I found three Bens, a 1940 Walker, two '64s, nine 40%ers and biggest surprise of all, a 1976-s silver Kennedy Bicentennial! I have to give credit to my girlfriend on that one. I was on a streak of clad rolls and she said "I thought you said the silver was all '69 and before. This '76 looks like silver to me." Cool save!
One happy CRHer!
A few months ago i opened an account at a small hole in the wall local bank and ordered $1500 to start. They had told me no fees for the coin orders and they would order me as many halves as I wanted, but they have pretty steep fees for depositing any coin, even rolled. They did mention it up front, so that's fine with me. I just re-roll and deposit at a Wells Fargo where I have another account.
They forgot to order that first batch and they were late getting the coins in when they did, but it seemed to work out for the best. The first of three Bens was peeking at me from box #1.
And from box #3, another Ben on the end!
In total, I found three Bens, a 1940 Walker, two '64s, nine 40%ers and biggest surprise of all, a 1976-s silver Kennedy Bicentennial! I have to give credit to my girlfriend on that one. I was on a streak of clad rolls and she said "I thought you said the silver was all '69 and before. This '76 looks like silver to me." Cool save!
One happy CRHer!
Upvote
0







