New Bank, New Opportunities

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
After my first box was less than stellar, and after I found out some information about the coin operation at another nearby bank, I decided to buy my second box from the aforementioned nearby bank. I don't know if the move had anything to do with it, but my second box was MUCH better. No spectacular or unusual finds, but a very solid box. Contents of the box included 8 - 40%ers, a 1996 S-mint (clad) and a 1980 gold plated halfer (which I plan to use as a teller 'thank you' token! :laughing7: ).

IMAG0100 (1).jpg

Upvote 0

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and a 1980 gold plated halfer (which I plan to use as a teller 'thank you' token! :laughing7: ).

You're better off giving a teller appreciation gift of cookies, doughnuts, pizza or chocolates than a mere 50 cents. Just a suggestion.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think solid rolls is right. I've thought about a coin as a gift of appreciation, but most people just don't get it. Unless you know the teller specifically collects coins, or has a father for example that does, his other suggestions of gifts are better. Snack foods talk, gold plated halves walk

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tellers see enough coins everyday. They can pick up any good coins that come into sight. It's a good idea to give a token of appreciation but don't give a coin.

OP
OP
Ben-Ro

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I also have plans to bring the branch doughnuts one morning as well. Especially after this morning's pickup, which I will post about in a min...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread