OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
If I didn't mention it before, Penfield and Terry's combined total of lost treasure leads/briefs is over 104. Then there are a few odd and end sources. Our efforts were to expand the available information on them, by adding the old newspaper articles from the times and include maps with the stories. The maps show the terrain features in the stories exist. The first 4 books total over 700 pages, book 5 should be close to 400 pages and the last will be even bigger. So that's what can develope out of getting that first metal detector. A new chapter in my hobby.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Soon number 4 is to be released. This one is 388 pages.

Number 4 for paperback needs another proof check due to a one word error on the back cover. Am pretty sure 3 locations will handle it since they like our previous books. Also it ended up at over 400 pages.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Also in case anyone does find them, remember Kindle is the best bang for your buck! $2.99 to $3.99 with lending enabled so it can be shared. For those who like the physical paperback check prices first! Some locations have marked them too high, which is out of my control. But I think folks are sharp enough to search the title on Amazon to pay less.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Book number 4 is now live as a paperback.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Given some info from my wife to review (old newspaper articles), I was surprised at what see was coming up with. Some have to be the original sources of some of Terry info from his treasure atlas. Example is the Beaverhead county story of miners being attacked and the horses packing the gold scattered into the timber, dated (1806)! Found same story but in region old Pioneer, Beaverhead county Big Hole area, dated around the 1850's. Believed to be first gold strike for the region.

Several other old articles turned up on others, Madison John, Plummer's wife returning to Sun River for a cache.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
More material being found, even getting new stuff for books in the series that are done. When ever she finds stuff like that I just tell her save it. We can later do a second edition or another volume if needed. It so far has been a rewarding past time collecting the stories and organizing them into books. Expecting a shipment of books today, two local orders, even my metal detecting book! And another two places waiting on a copy or two of different titles to see about carring. Plus getting the place ready for winter.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Just delivered 4 different volumes of my Montana treasure stories books to a furniture store with high end stuff. Dropped off a couple a few weeks ago and they set them out and sold all but 1, so they ordered more.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Another bunch to deliver which includes my detecting book and the newest treasure story book. Also got an email from a distributor that wants to handle the treasure story books the next tourist season. They never seen a copy just where they are at on Amazon.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Getting even closer to final stages of book 5 covering the northwest portion of the state. Now the last book will be the southwest (Gold West) section of the state where the bulk of the treasure stories and legends are. My wife says it is up to 895 pages so far with 15 stories to go. She says the stories average something like 20 pages apiece. Looks like it will be 3 volumes to cover the section, oh well more to market.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Last maps done up, over the next few days I'll share some of them with a brief about what is in the region according to the old stories.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Tallied up my sales and updated the record keeping. 347 books sold, $2636.40 total sales, before costs. Wasn't trying very hard since I work two jobs. I need to figure Kindle and Amazon totals, haven't added them.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Currently I believe we are to something like 2,250 pages on Montana so far.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Proofing book 5 now, up to page 48 of 455. This step takes a couple of times, plus a hard copy to review also.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Almost another month later and pretty close to finishing what will be book 5 in the series. The Gold West section has been started and worked on since 2006 or so. Tonight I have started dropping in order the first 50 pages of a 3 volume set for this region.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Organizing the last section of our Montana material into several books is an interesting project, I look forward to getting it done.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Book 5 is now availible. There will be 8 to cover all of Montana.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
The first of 3 volumes for the southwestern section of the state will just have Beaverhead and Madison counties. Gone thru over 200 pages of it so far out of 500.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold West will only be 2 volumes, each over 500 pages. Proof reading the first one now.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Waiting on volume 2 of gold west country, soon it could be released, going back over the first three books since we came across more material for them.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Well soon we upload a new version of the third volume Missouri Country. It goes thru 24 hour file review and then I order a new proof copy. Once I go over the proof copy, anything that needs to be fixed is done and uploaded again. With waiting on the mailman this should be roughly a month off. The results are a 182 page book will now be 400 pages. More material, more stories. Example the 1926 bank robbery in Malta and later the same month, the courthouse in Plentywood $100,000!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread