What's new

New Cellar Hole

Keith123

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
315
Reaction score
586
Golden Thread
1
Location
Southeasern , CT
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (11in Coil), White's Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a while since I've found a cellar whole but I managed to sniff one out today after work. Only had about an hour till dark so I quickly bounced around the cellar hole area within the innermost stone walls. Also poked around the well but didn't get a single nonferrous signal. I've searched the area around a dozen or so wells and only two actually produced good finds. Id imagine wells were high traffic areas and would consistently produce good finds.. Maybe not tho? Overall, I had four promising finds within that hour so it's safe to say I'll be returning. Within the first fifteen minutes I had a flat button, followed by some kind of lead piece, my first complete shoe buckle, and what I think is a copper men's ring. Thanks for reading and happy hunting!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464750863.947269.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464750923.781585.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464750902.346210.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464750963.952255.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464750989.837140.webp
 
Upvote 20
Pretty darn nice for a one hour hunt! That buckle looks really nice! I've never found one intact. Congrats!
 
I have never found a shoe buckle, so that one looks pretty good to me. Well played sir!
 
Looks like a awesome place!
 
Very nice finds. With a high tone such as with the shoe buckle, and those other mid tones, that may be an untouched site. Great shoe buckle and can't wait to hear of your return
 
Awesome shoe buckle! Any cellar that produces one is a winner in my books, hunted out or not. As for wells, I think the reason why you probably haven't had much luck around them is simply because they are a popular place to search if other detectorists have been there. If they haven't, there are usually loaded with goodies. I pulled out three dandies buttons from one side of a well and my buddy got his first ever CT copper on the other side of the well just a couple of weeks ago. That site was virgin but just shows you why most wells have no targets around them nowadays.
 
SO jealous of you guys up in the north east with your cellar holes! They seem to really produce. Great finds love the buckle!
 
I have never found a shoe buckle, so that one looks pretty good to me. Well played sir!

I've found a half dozen or so but this is the first fully intact and the first with the pitchfork tongue.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom