keverett
Hero Member
- Joined
- Feb 9, 2009
- Messages
- 513
- Reaction score
- 8
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- The NO town, CA
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
- #1
Thread Owner
Hello everyone! My name is Kirsten I am a new prospector in the Central California area. I am in Fresno and have some questions about prospecting and metal detecting in the area. I have pestered the hell out of ole' flyspek and he has given me some good advice and spots to look at. I have tried Coarsegold Creek, Fine Gold Creek, and Broken Bridge on Friant. with my sluice. I joined the Central Valley Prospectors a month ago or so. I went to their meeting and outing last week and managed to pick up a little gold (about .1 gm) hahahaha. I recently purchased a metal detector (Minelab X-terra 70) and have been trying to find some good places to get to know my detector. I live by one of the large up scale county parks on the north side of town, and don't think that I can metal detect there. I have been reading, and it seems like most people advise against calling the parks commission and asking if its allowed. I don't know what to do now!! If anyone knows anything about the laws for metal detecting in Fresno county please let me know. I have done all the research I can, and couldn't come up with a single law or code that prohibits Metal Detecting. I know there are some guys from Coarsegold, and Oakhurst that are members, I just hope that they respond!!
There may be things on not hurting the vegetation that someone can morph, and of course, any park personell is given liberty to shoo anyone away that he feels is doing damage, EVEN if there's nothing specifically addressing a certain activity (as law enforcers are given latitude to interpret as they see fit). So the trick is, just like picking your nose: Don't make yourself a target, to begin with. Ie.: be discreet, and odds are, no one cares to begin with.
? Anybody have any good ideas for a big ole shin dig??






