What's new

New coin counter

Bayquest

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2008
Messages
34
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Went to a new branch of my dump bank today and they had a neat coin counter. It had a small dump area and I thought "oh boy, this is going to be slow". It has a small rubber conveyor belt that takes the coins up into the machine. It was amazingly fast. The first $504 in halves were probably counted in less than 2 minutes until it jammed. I think I put a few too many in it. Well I had to wait a few minutes for the girl that takes care of it to drive back to the bank as she lives around the corner. Then did another few hundred $ before it filled up. This one separates the coins into $1000 bags. Of course, I tried to buy the bag- no way, straight to the fed. Did get some rejects from inside, 1 Ike, 4 clad quarters and a couple of chewed up pennies. Had to change the bag 1 more time, since I dumped $2000 in halves. I don't remember the name of the machine. Anyone else seen one like this?
 
Upvote 0
I dump in one with a belt but it only holds $500. It jams a lot with the halves so I don't use it a lot.
 
The counter I use has a belt like yours but all denominations dump into a big metal bin and it gets hauled off every week.
 
The place where I take my weekly drop-offs (I didn't want to say where I take my weekly dump :D) has a brand new machine that also uses a conveyor. It holds $500 bags of halves so they are always changing it twice when I come in. I can mix all of my change together on the conveyor and it feeds it all into the bags at once. The count appears to be dead on as a far as I can tell.

I can often estimate how many halves are dropped off by others as I remember the amount where I last had a bag change. Two weeks ago the bag filled on $437 and then on $937. This week it filled on $345 and $845. I am the only one that drops off large quantities according to them. They told me that the bags of coins go back to the Fed. I have looked at the bags from the outside and have never seen any silver go by yet. The machine does not make much noise except from the coins dropping and I have never heard the familiar sound of silver yet when I first put coins in.

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom