New Commercial Slams Beach Detecting?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Mass they closed Nantasket beach to Metal detecting BECAUSE there was a few people running around with detectors stealing people's stuff right out of purses and and stuff!!!!!
They weren't detecting they were using it as an excuse to steal!
Well can't detect there now! And it is a nice beach with tons of people!

That's why I'm not laughing,...miffed!
How would metal detecting give you an excuse to steal? Maybe that's just the excuse THEY used to ban detectors. If they knew someone was fake detecting wouldn't they have known who it was and arrested them?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully they caught them, but the powers that be had gotten enough complaints about guys with detectors stealing they banned the detectors! Broad sweeping fix! Stealing was always illegal. This was mid 1990's ban was still in effect 2003, I haven't been back there since, no point in going.
Hopefully one day, there must be a ton of stuff there now.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, detecting is always frowned upon for some reason. If people had been acting like they were collecting shells and taking peoples stuff, they wouldn't have banned shell collecting. They look for excuses to ban detecting. Its misunderstood and looked at as weird by most people. Hope they open that beach to detecting one day so you can clean up.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe if an MD'er was on the city council there.

I would have a lot of company cleaning that beach if it were ever opened to detecting.

We're looked at as darn near criminals if we move a few inches of dirt to get a dime that was lost, but people pick up change off the ground all the time.

On the lighter side, if my truck is buried in a blizzard I can find it!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread