Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Best Day Yet

fossis said:
Amazing find, I live near the Heavener Runestone State Park in OK, And I worked for, & chauffered, Gloria Farley, who worked for about 40 years .....
I lived near there too. I never was in to that kinda stuff at the time. Have seen the stone though. Chris Colombus never set a foot on this continent a day in his life. Heavener will not be the only place to find runes.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:D YOU SON OF BIATCH 8) ;D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Skrimpy said:
texan connection said:
Pardon my skeptisizm, but Viking age off the Texas coast? please keep us informed. Are the all silver??

"Viking AGE". My guess is that it doesn't mean they are "Viking RINGS". Native Americans had silver...the Aztecs were in Mexico. Or, of course they could be Viking Rings that were traded to or looted by Native Americans. Either way, they are a damn cool find.
stranger things have been found 8)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Skrimpy said:
sparkymaster said:
That's definitely one for the books.
Great find!!!
Off the coast of Texas???
I'm a little confused, were they in the ocean or a swamp?
Will Texas take it from you or is it finders keepers there?
Were you on public land?

Don't matter now. If they are going to strip you of it was already put into the workings the second you made the post. If you get to keep em, sell em, or do whatever you want it would be pretty cool. I can just hear the excuses now...historical relics yada yada, you don't know how to preserve, yada yada, we want to save it for our children, you've got no right taking it from our children, yada yada...all to be stuffed in a box, and only get pulled out once every 5 years so that you can have the pleasure of paying to go into the museum to look at YOUR finds under glass. I hope the laws let you keep em! If they don't, get em hidden and don't say another word...I knew this post was going stir the forum pot. Its already got 23 responses.
i agree sir skrimps alot hole heartedly

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spill.jpg

whats with all the # blocks and pins holding them in place
agh its already on display :-X

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX

ahhh...that's NOTHING...I found more than that, and all mine were solid GOLD.....and mine had emeralds and rubies mounted in them...and...and...and...

Oh wait!...this isn't The Mighty AP's Liars post....

NEVER MIND

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Thats just an unbeliable find. Many congrats to you. Do you have more pics? Would love to see them.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gypsyheart said:
Thats just an unbeliable find. Many congrats to you. Do you have more pics? Would love to see them.
hater ::)

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Help already this ones bigger than I thought could be a 1860s cat house !

So here's the deal, asked a freind of mine last year if he'd let me MD his property which is quite extensive, more than three hundred acres. The reason I asked was that old maps indicate alot of old buildings were once contained within his borders, but nowdays it's mostly wooded and has alot of under brush. He hunts on the property and says no buildings are still there. So for the last year I've been headin out to just scout it out and try to clear trails. He says there are parts of the property he's still never seen even though he's owned it for ten plus years. So with the warmer weather we've been havin hear in WNY I couldn't stand the cabin fever any longer and decided to just see if I could manage to get through 6-8 ft. of snow. I used some second hand cross country skis found curbside last spring and headed out there. I found an older building just about falling down looks to be from the late 1700 to 1800s. I haven't done any thing yet, just ran, slipped, slid, skied, fell all the way back to my PU truck to check his boundry map and made sure I was still within the borders. Got his signature on a release as well as signed one for him to release him from liability. Then ran home to check my old maps, best I can figure the place used to be a tavern hotel kinda place alongside an old horse'n'buggy trail to next town over. Gonna be hell to dig but hoping for best maybe a cache or some thing like that. Any Ideas as to how to best start the area, like how far out shoud I MD and should I wear hard hat to go inside. I have alot of experience at MDing, like open feilds, old basements etc.. but nothing buried in the woods like this and obiously untouched for at least 100 plus years. I know that because there are 60 ft trees growing right through it. I will post pictures as soon as snow melts, I'm not in the best of shape fer sure and nearly killed myself running back to truck, addrennalines a killer folks.

Rockfshr

May 22, 2005
Hampton Roads VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: New Contest...........TN's Best Liar!!!

Got permission from the park rangers to hunt the Yorktown Battlefields, as long as its done at night and we post all our finds on the net. I will keep everyone informed on all the great finds. Just need to find a small skid steer shovel loader to help with the digging.
Yall take care ::)

Update ...this was dug last night wrapped in a burlap bag at readout 10

Attachments

• GUCO30pistol_exh.jpg
    GUCO30pistol_exh.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 995

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Re: Need suggestions on where to start.

First, take it easy. That land's not going anywhere. You don't need to be dropping dead in the middle of 300 acres! ;)

Sounds kinda like my land, but it's only 90 acres. Believe it or not, you should be able to find some signs once the snow disappears and the ground thaws out. Old wagon ruts, cellar dugouts, outhouse dugouts, rock walls, foundations, etc. Don't forget the trash spots, which only your MD can detect. Trees grow up through and around everything. It will definitely look different than it did 200 or 100 years ago. Be ready to just stumble over something. Keep your map handy and mark it with all finds as closely as you can. Grid it off (largely) to make it more organized. Check the lay of the land; hills and valleys have a bearing on what was or was not built there in years past.

Why do you need a hard hat? Am I missing something??? I spend a lot of time in the woods and haven't felt that need.

Am sure others will have more definitive help for you. Just enjoy the fresh air and the hunt! Sounds like a great spot! ;D -Noodle

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri

this contest isnt fair! everone knows that any wacoenviros,greenies and legislators that would enter this contest would be a hands down winner. theyre the biggest liers that ever walked this earth!

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX

bscofield6 said:
Has anyone else noticed where the picture is hosted from? It's located on a website all about vikings.

http://www.vikings.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/spill.jpg

http://www.vikings.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Not trying to doubt the poster... but it does seem a little bit fishy....

look at the similarity to this other photo saying it is from a British museum. This photo is on that site, but no link to the photo shown on this thread is there.

http://www.vikings.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ARMRINGS.JPG

Hmmm...Brian...did you check that British Vikings page out?..it hasn't been updated since the year 2000.

NOW something seems WAY odd here. ::)

also, just a quick count and there seems to be far more than 252 items in that pic.

good catch Brian

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX

kbrocks said:
http://www.vikings.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/aland.html

Look about 3/4ths down the page.

"Part of the Spillings treasure, on show at the Stockholm Historical Museum - thousands of coins and hundreds of arm, neck and finger rings were found on Gotland in three hoards totalling some 76 kilos of silver"

where did you find the link to the aland page? I don't see it on the main page or any of the links off the main page.

Seems to about drive the nail in it tho...

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi everyone-

Earlier this week I stopped in to our local bank to pick up a roll of the new Washington dollars. The teller said that they had run out of the new Washington's but mentioned someone had just brought in one of the older silver dollars earlier in the day. I asked her if I could buy that particular silver dollar and she said yes.

And here it is. . .

DSC_4822.JPG

Take care,
watercolor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread