New Contest...........TNs Best Liar!!!

Eddy1H

Dec 17, 2006
Rockwall Texas
Detector(s) used
Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR
Re: Best Day Yet

Jasonbo that is one top notch set of finds, now that one will be hard to top,
Excelent job and Congrats

Eddy

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX

Eddy1H said:
Jasonbo that is one top notch set of finds, now that one will be hard to top,
Excelent job and Congrats

Eddy

There are advantages to reading posts on a thread before responding!!

MikeTN

Feb 19, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Re: New Contest...........TN's Best Liar!!!

LOL Cheese that was good!

Mike

kbrocks

Greenie
Nov 16, 2006
NC & TX
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker

Google is a wonderful tool. I just did a google image search for http://www.vikings.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/spill.jpg and it took me to the aland page. I was born and raised in TX and just thought this seemed a little fishy. Not that it couldn't happen, but highly doubtful in that area.

Danimal said:
kbrocks said:
http://www.vikings.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/aland.html

Look about 3/4ths down the page.

"Part of the Spillings treasure, on show at the Stockholm Historical Museum - thousands of coins and hundreds of arm, neck and finger rings were found on Gotland in three hoards totalling some 76 kilos of silver"

where did you find the link to the aland page? I don't see it on the main page or any of the links off the main page.

Seems to about drive the nail in it tho...

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal

Ok... here's what happened. I was just walking down the street in NYC, and jsut happened to have my detector with me. Well... I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Attachments

• detect1.jpg
    detect1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 955
  • detect2.jpg
    detect2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 937
  • detect3.jpg
    detect3.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 941
  • detect4.jpg
    detect4.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 934

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal

LOL. Those pics are of Julian Beever. He is an english artist who’s famous for his art on the pavement of england, France, germany, usa, australia and belgium. I've got a few more of these pics floating around too

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

After a few weeks of frozen ground outside I was finally able to get out for 20 minutes today. Only found one keeper and I need help IDing. I hope PBK has a book with this one in it.

Tut.jpg

It read as a pulltab and I almost did not dig it but since it has been awhile since I was out last I decide what the heck. Proves that if you want to find gold you need to dig those pulltab signals.

NJ

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Re: Need suggestions on where to start.

Thanks noodle the hard hat question was because as I said this place is really old and appears to be two winds from falling down around itself. BTW. Got new Info. http://www.rootsweb.com/~nycattar/towns/franklin/browneagle.htm
Place used to be called The Brown Eagle hotel circa 1860. Town Historian says she'll dig for records but she seems to think it served as something of a cat house for awhile before prohibition shut it down. 8) yea baby

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Ok....We need a refresher course on Lying..... ::)

Rule number one: We know its a lie...hence the title of the contest...... :)

Rule number two: Dont tell us the facts...just the lie, folks.... just the lie....make up the facts...lie lie lie ...then swear its true...(makes for a better lie when you can back up your lie with ...more lies... ;)

PS....Whoever had the shipment of gold delivered to my house this morning....Thank You...But there wasnt a card with...so I dont know who's name to talley the bribe under..... :-*

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I'm adding a better picture and a picture of the back to help with the IDing...Thanks

Front.jpg

Here is the back.

Back.jpg

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Re: Need suggestions on where to start.

Ah, I read too quickly. You DID find a building. Don't know if I'd be brave enough to enter it or not. I did that once. Climbed into a falling-down old log cabin outbuilding to check out a surrey that was rotting away in there. Didn't accomplish much. The next year when I went back, it was all flat as a pancake. I'd stick to the outside of the building, if I were you. :D Good luck!

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Re: Help already this ones bigger than I thought could be a 1860s cat house !

Thanks noodle but I can't afford to wait fer the dern thing ta fall down by itself. was contimplaytin pullin it down myself. worried word will get out and have MDers all over pretty soon. My release forms don't provide for exclusionary rights. Only allow me to collect and keep finds. ???

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Just to get some of you motivated....and I know there are some fabulous fibbers out there...I have decided to dig into my secret vaults and sweeten the pie with some new prizes.Because my wealth is so great and there are so many things to choose from....it was hard deciding what to select. I have it narrowed down to three .

First ....I offer you the Solid Silver Garden Trowel...I found this beauty about 500 years ago in The Garden of Eden and if you look close you will see that it has Eve's name engraved on it. This was a relative easy find,at about 4 inches directly under theTree of Life. And for those of you who are wondering ...Yes I had permission.....Actually I double checked in THE RULE BOOK (Matthew 7:7) and it was clear as day...Ask,And it shall be given, Seek and you shall find.....I took that as a definite YES

Second....A Silver Plated Gold Horseshoe ....one of four....worn by Llamrei ....gallant mare of King Arthur....This was a difficult find.....but worth the effort ....found the first one just outside the castle and the others ...well...Lets just say I had to dig deep...about 6 feet...

And last but definitely not least...I offer five silver Lincoln pennies.....These were minted in silver ,due to a shortage in copper.Many of you may have heard about this ....when the freezing snow storm in the 60's busted so many water pipes,causing a huge copper shortage and the government had to resort to using silver in place of copper.....Before these could be distributed tho...PVC pipe was invented....so the entire minted load of silver pennies was buried hastily under the Lincoln Memorial ......Lucky for me ....they didnt cover their holes well and I was able to find and dig these the same night....These pennies were minted with the purest of silver....so pure in fact that they literally drip it off when you pick them up...I have to keep them in a large vat

Attachments

• DSCN1973.JPG
    DSCN1973.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 810
  • DSCN1972.JPG
    DSCN1972.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 803

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread