What's new

NEW CONTEST

Packed up and off the property,,
The stump grinding is done.
These guys ground down about 100 stumps leaving me just one that is too close to a Ground Bees Hive.
I'm going to flood the hive with Kerosene and burn them out. Anyone have a better suggestion?
 

Attachments

  • 20190819_183408.webp
    20190819_183408.webp
    977.3 KB · Views: 45
I'm going to flood the hive with Kerosene and burn them out. Anyone have a better suggestion?

I’m not sure what resources you folks have in your neck of the woods, but here in California there are bee removal services who will come and remove the hive for free and then re-establish it elsewhere. The world bee population is dwindling so much that killing bees is frowned upon.

Last
 
I’m not sure what resources you folks have in your neck of the woods, but here in California there are bee removal services who will come and remove the hive for free and then re-establish it elsewhere. The world bee population is dwindling so much that killing bees is frowned upon.

Last

These are not the regular honey bees.
I had a swarm of those take over a pine bush last year.
We called the Potter County Bee Keepers and they came in and vacuumed the hive into a holding box and they were then transferred to a bee hive farm.
These Ground bees burrow into dry soil and build a hive, or take over an abandoned burrow. They are very aggressive. They will swarm and attack anyone who comes close to the hive. Unlike honey bees, they don't die after they sting you. They continue to follow the intruder and sting you over and over. Anyone with a bee sting allergy is in big trouble.
 
Last edited:
These are not the regular honey bees.
I had a swarm of those take over a pine bush last year.
We called the Potter County Bee Keepers and they came in and vacuumed the hive into a holding box and they were then transferred to a bee hive farm.
These Ground bees burrow into dry soil and build a hive, or take over an abandoned burrow. They are very aggressive. They will swarm and attack anyone who comes close to the hive. Unlike honey bees, they don't die after they sting you. They continue to follow the intruder and sting you over and over. Anyone with a bee sting allergy is in big trouble.

In that case, torch them.

Last
 
Tippy the cool cat is outside cooling off before our bedtime. And to all, a good night.
 
Well I took a day off and away from the work on the coop. Went metal detecting with my buddy Repo Archeology. Going to do a water hunt tomorrow
 
Another hot day, no homemaker, had to do laundry, machine broke with my clothes still inside, lock. I need clean clothes and sheets.
 
Another hot day, work out with the ladies at the gym. Just finish lunch. Where is you all?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom