New cors coil on at pro helped lead to my best day ever.

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my new coil in yesterday so I decided to take it for a test run today. I think I found a virgin section of an old rec. field. I have hit this field before but have never pulled silver out, but was hoping that there was some due to the age of the site. I could not believe it when I started popping old coins out. Final tally: Four silver quarters, one merc, one 40% half, one 1927 buff, five wheats, and a tomback button. I also found some clad all dating in the sixties. I did not hit the area too hard so hopefully it will produce again. The new coil was awesome and seamed to get good readings at 6" plus, but the true test is when I go over some of the areas that I pounded last summer with my gold bug. Thanks for looking
IMG_0065.JPG

Upvote 17
Wow Keep us posted on the coil. I might just get one if its worth it.. Thanks for the post!!!!!

4 silver quarters in one day is epic. You've reached a virgin layer that hasn't been touched by other detectorists. I've never found 4 silver quarters in one day in my 3 years of hunting. The flat button is a bonus - shows some potential for Barber or Seated. Get back out there and hit that spot hard!

That is a heck of a hunt silver alone, add the buffalo nickle, wheat, and button that's beyond epic.

Jersey digger I only have a week or so left to hit it before grass gets too high. The good news is that nobody else will hit it then either. I know that barbers and seated and large cents have been pulled by others from this area so there is some potential. I actually was hitting it for that reason I have yet to get a seated or large cent. But will happily take any silver that comes my way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back