What's new

New CRH - First box

Yougot

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2011
Messages
72
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
It was a skunk, however there were 10 1987-p and 2000-p which were in really good condition. Are either of those worth keeping from a collectors standpoint?

Also do 1965-1970 halves have a pure silver edge, or do they have the brown stripe as well?
 
Upvote 0
1. i dont save tho some do

2. some 40%ers look like regular clad and can only be realized they are silver by the date or the sound , even some dirty 90%ers can be missed by rim searchin
 
I keep uncirculated ones of really good conditions that I find. If it's AU condition, I put it back into the wild. You never know, maybe it's a MS 67-68. Some guy mentioned on the PCGS forum, he found a nickel in his pocket charge and had it graded for MS 67 or 68 (something along those lines).
 
SFBayArea said:
I keep uncirculated ones of really good conditions that I find. If it's AU condition, I put it back into the wild. You never know, maybe it's a MS 67-68. Some guy mentioned on the PCGS forum, he found a nickel in his pocket charge and had it graded for MS 67 or 68 (something along those lines).

The chances of something like that is next to none. You'd have a better chance of getting hit by lightning and then winning the state lottery than finding something like that in your box or pocket change. The great majority of halves that are "shiny" that you find are somewhere in the MS60-64 range.
 
The 1987-P's were all in the same roll with the 2000-P's, they look brand new. I know 1987 didn't circulate, but is there any value to them?
 
I've gone through 30 or so boxes and I'm yet to find a 1987. Lucky haul for you :hello2:
 
If it wasn't for this site, I would have just re-wrapped them... So :notworthy: to you guys
 
ya, i would keep the 1987's...but y keep the 2000? those were issued for circulation, in decent amounts...but, its up to you. keep it up and hh!
 
I keep all 1987's that I come across (which isn't very many). Also keep in mind that halves dated 2002-2011 are Not Intended For Circulation and can be hard to find as well.

The 2000 is only worth keeping if you want to collect a nice example of each year/mint, they are very common.

Welcome to the forum and HH!
 
Yougot said:
The 1987-P's were all in the same roll with the 2000-P's, they look brand new. I know 1987 didn't circulate, but is there any value to them?

Not that I know of. But, you might put them on eBay and make a little money.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom