New CRH Hunter, got a few keepers

Photonianpa

May 20, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is posted in the Coin roll section but then I thought this might be a better spot.

I had a look at this site last night when I couldn't sleep. Figured I would give it a go this morning after taking the kiddo to school. Stopped at about 10 banks to get the lay of the land and see what's out there. I live in a rural-esque part of PA so most of the smaller banks had next to none (if any). I did manage to find one box and about another $100 in rolled and loose. Needless to say I found my supply bank. The guy says he gets them in frequently and that others ask for them too. Competition, I'm not the only hunter in my area, but alas, there is enough coin to go around (I hope). Not really knowing what I was looking for with my wife, we read up some more and then set out to see what the box had in store. We were basically looking for anything 1970 or older and anything that has an S on the face. We also looked for the oddballs of the crowd like the Franklin and Liberty.

All in all we managed one 2007 S proof and a 1964 90% out of the box, the loose and loose rolls yielded nothing. Not having a reference point I guess that's a decent start to CRH. We also found a few unique things. One of these coins has a bulge on the face as if a bubble were coming out of it, very strange, the whole coin is very dark as well. We cant figure out what could have happened to it for it to be shaped and colored like that. Another is gold colored and is painted in color on the face. Something about baseball and a guy named Mariano Rivera but the paint is badly worn, the date might be 2005 or 2008. We are not sure what to make of it.

Take a look!
DSCN0900-1.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread