weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:'( my new minelab xterra 70 is to arrive tommorow and was excited that i'd get it together and have some time before the weekened to get to know it some before we went to the fairgrounds on sunday, since the fair will be ending saturday we thought we'd go sunday and swing some, i know there will be some people there getting there things ready to get out of there but figured there would be room for us to make some good finds and try out the minelab, now for the frustrating part, looks like overtime is kicking in at work , had to work over everyday this week and was told today that it looks like all weekened also :-\ just my luck ! hope i get atleast sunday off, hope your weekened will be better then mine and goodluck ;)

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
Look at the bright side, that leaves all day saturday for people to lose stuff ;D Hope you find a bundle

OP
OP
weasel606

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks rommelvon, but i sure did have my heart set on going with the new detector sunday ;)

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Everything happens for a reason.....I know how you feel with a machine like that.
but something nice could be waiting for you.

RD

OP
OP
weasel606

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks guys i'll get there as soon as ican but i just hope its not too long before i can make it there ;)

OP
OP
weasel606

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well got my so called new detector today :-\ opened up the box and knew right away it was going back to florida. the face was all scratched up , it had 4 maxell batteries inside that should not have been in the detector the pinpoint button had clearly been pressed alot with a dirty thumb i might add, the coil was all scratched on the bottom and it had white sand specks all over the coil and on the main unit also in the speaker and where the coil wire attaches, so it appears i was sent an old unit that was used and i paid new price for, >:( so now i'm really frustrated, and the wife says when she orders hers it wont be from florida, so we will see if they make mine right, so i'll be hitting the fairgrounds when i can with the landstar and not the xterra :(

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Take a deep breath....When you return it tell them no floor model it happen to me before so I feel your pain.Shame on them.

RD

OP
OP
weasel606

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks dunn, the wife is gonna call them ;D so they are in for it anyway lol, i'll tell her to tell them no floor model ! and thanks ;)

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
weasel606 said:
well got my so called new detector today :-\ opened up the box and knew right away it was going back to florida. the face was all scratched up , it had 4 maxell batteries inside that should not have been in the detector the pinpoint button had clearly been pressed alot with a dirty thumb i might add, the coil was all scratched on the bottom and it had white sand specks all over the coil and on the main unit also in the speaker and where the coil wire attaches, so it appears i was sent an old unit that was used and i paid new price for, >:( so now i'm really frustrated, and the wife says when she orders hers it wont be from florida, so we will see if they make mine right, so i'll be hitting the fairgrounds when i can with the landstar and not the xterra :(

Hey did you get it from the big k ??? I would demand my money back! If they sold you something that was not new and you ordered new....I would not do business with them again....

OP
OP
weasel606

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks Gregg, i'm really thinking of asking for my money back , if they cant make it right , and doubt i'll be ordering from them when the wife upgrades as she is a hot redhead right now :o

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
weasel606 said:
thanks Gregg, i'm really thinking of asking for my money back , if they cant make it right , and doubt i'll be ordering from them when the wife upgrades as she is a hot redhead right now :o

Seriously call them and ask them to throw in something for their terrible service you received! If they refuse tell them you want your money back! They already have caused you enough aggravation... >:(

OP
OP
weasel606

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks Gregg , she sure will , and i wouldnt want to be on the other end of that phone when she calls tommorow, oh and the $100 dollar coil upgrade was a slip of paper for a free coil that i have to send to minelab and pay shipping for >:(

OP
OP
weasel606

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wife just informed me it was a $20 upgrade on the the coil , but still a was just sent a slip of paper that i had to send to minelab , and then pay shipping for

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, weasel606--
Check out this site: Dixie Metal Detectors of Madison, Tennessee.
www.dixie-metal-detectors.com. He's closer to you than Florida. I've done business with him and he's great. He not only handles Minelabs, but he has specially modified Sovereign's.
One other reason I use him is that he takes PayPal, so I can pay right away and save time on an order. Not having to pay Mississippi's 7 percent sales tax doesn't hurt either. ;D

OP
OP
weasel606

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks shortstack ! i will for sure hang on to that site ;)

OP
OP
weasel606

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok they say their gonna make it right , so i get to play with the demo till my new one arrives, so we will see. delt with them 3 times and this is the only time things got messed up and it sounds like they are gonna butter me up some ;)

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
weasel606 said:
ok they say their gonna make it right , so i get to play with the demo till my new one arrives, so we will see. delt with them 3 times and this is the only time things got messed up and it sounds like they are gonna butter me up some ;)

They should do something...sending you a used detector when you paid for a new one is 100% unprofessional and an insult! >:(

OP
OP
weasel606

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes it is Gregg, i know mistakes happen but seems like i get more then my share of them, i'm getting the demo ready for a hunt today been doing some air test and makeing a list of keeper numbers , i'm not use to this number system so today will be just getting used to the xterra and hope i find some good stuff ;)

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
weasel606 said:
yes it is Gregg, i know mistakes happen but seems like i get more then my share of them, i'm getting the demo ready for a hunt today been doing some air test and makeing a list of keeper numbers , i'm not use to this number system so today will be just getting used to the xterra and hope i find some good stuff ;)

Good luck hopefully everything works out! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread