What's new

New detector coming!

dirtdigger1581

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2011
Messages
591
Reaction score
270
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just ordered a brand new Excalibur II with a 10" coil from Kellyco. Also ordered an Anderson over under shaft, but that's on backorder, so who knows when I'll get that. If it takes too long I'll just cancel that part of the order and pick up another shaft somewhere else. Detector should be here on Wednesday or Thursday! Can't wait to hit the beach and give it a whirl!!! :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
dirtdigger1581 said:
Just ordered a brand new Excalibur II with a 10" coil from Kellyco. Also ordered an Anderson over under shaft, but that's on backorder, so who knows when I'll get that. If it takes too long I'll just cancel that part of the order and pick up another shaft somewhere else. Detector should be here on Wednesday or Thursday! Can't wait to hit the beach and give it a whirl!!! :hello2:

Best of luck and Big Gold to you! :headbang: :thumbsup:
 
Great choice .That's a real nice detector . Good luck w/ your MD'ing
 
dirtdigger1581 said:
Just ordered a brand new Excalibur II with a 10" coil from Kellyco. Also ordered an Anderson over under shaft, but that's on backorder, so who knows when I'll get that. If it takes too long I'll just cancel that part of the order and pick up another shaft somewhere else. Detector should be here on Wednesday or Thursday! Can't wait to hit the beach and give it a whirl!!! :hello2:

If they take to long on your Anderson Over/Under Rod check into a Rod made by Plugger. They make both the Aluminum and the Carbin rods and seems to have a better price. I personally own a Plugger Over/ Under Rod for My Excalibur II and really like it.

Just my two cents worth. Rick:coffee2:
 
Lol, you'll be begging for that straight shaft after one outing! ;D
Send Gravediggermax a pm and he'll give you direct contact with Andersons probably. Or as the guy above said "Rods_by_plugger" on ebay. I also have plugger shafts on mine and they're great. Either way, the difference between the "s" shaft and a straight is phenomenal.
Best of luck. :icon_thumright:
 
Well I took the advice of Rockin Chairs Gold and ordered a plugger's 3 piece travel shaft, and will keep the Anderson shaft on order as well. Good to have a backup I guess. Plus I'll be able to compare the two to see which I like better. Thanks for the input everyone!
 
You'll be more than pleased...both ways lol. While you with plugger you should have ordered a set of his replacement pots, a padded headband for the Excal's headphones, and he also does a very nice finds pouch.
 
Dano, I did order a set of knobs as well. Didn't know anything about the padded headphone band, but might look into that in the future. Thanks for the heads up. :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom