jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I was looking at the German MDF to see if there was an announcement about the contest since the UK and possibly French Forums had announced.
I don't speak German but I can cut and paste into a translator to get the gist that the Germans say Deteknix turned the task of picking the winners over to the forum Admins and Mods. It looks like at least one mod refused to help pick because he was entered. lots of discussion ther, 6 pages of posts in just a few hours. I don't have a horse in the TNet race because I wasn't signed up with TNet in time, but I did enter by e-mail directly to Deteknix. Maybe someone that reads German can follow the link in the first post of this thread and tell me if I got it wrong. Can a mod tell us if they are actually doing the picking?

I'm signed up for the contest, But haven't heard anything on who does the Picking.
i'll pick though I'd like to be the 1st. Winner :laughing7:
seriously though .. I haven't heard any more on it.

what's really Odd I thought this contest was for Members only,
But apparently you could sidestep that rule with emails :dontknow:

their Supporting Vendor membership also appears to have expired.
Though it could b a glitch.
according to the profile they still pop in.

Last edited:

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I entered by email back in August and they actually emailed me back asking for my address a couple weeks later. Thought I had won a spot. Guess not.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
scavenger isn't very far from what was it I said ... trash shooter ... no ... klinker plinker !!!
Haha, how about the Deteknix 'Buzzard' - cause it'll pick up any stinkin' lincoln left laying around.

~Tejaas~

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi all,

Just make a little update on this competition. I'm helping Jason from Deteknix for this competition on other forums (other language) and we just centralized the names.

Wait a bit before contacting your lawyers guys.... we are detectorist..not marketing professionals LoL

FM

Last edited:

Daugela

Jul 8, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
White MTX, VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

Just make a little update on this competition. I'm helping Jason from Deteknix for this competition on other forums (other language) and we just centralized the names.

Wait a bit before contacting you lawyers guys.... we are detectorist..not marketing professionals LoL

FM

Thanks for the update!

I get a sneaky suspicion that it's going to be called the Deteknix AMADOR.....

At least that was my entry. Spanish for the "one who loves." It's also an old gold rush city in California from the 1800s. A nice historical connection with a company based out of Cali!

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the update!

I get a sneaky suspicion that it's going to be called the Deteknix AMADOR.....

At least that was my entry. Spanish for the "one who loves." It's also an old gold rush city in California from the 1800s. A nice historical connection with a company based out of Cali!

I'm not the CEO of Deteknix, just a beta tester for underwater products..... but up to what I know...AMADOR is not the winner :-(

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm guessing it will be under News & Events if they forgot about this thread :laughing7:

Deteknix Metal Detector

Hello Jeff :laughing7:

Lets say they were "a bit busy" by the production of the test samples and the first series.

I'm usually in close contact with them but the last month was a special period for them: lunching 2 new detectors is not something easy for a little company like them.

I really hope their 2 babies will be as good as their pinpointers Xpointer series.

Jeff have you participate to this naming competition?

bigboar

Mar 3, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer, Minelab Go-Find 40
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you mean I am not a winner, my entry is not a winner or that Candice did not tell me in an e-mail that the winner would be announced Monday.

I think frog thought you meant Tejaas was the winning name for the detector and didnt see it was a members name.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think frog thought you meant Tejaas was the winning name for the detector and didnt see it was a members name.

Haha! Thats awesome!

~Tejaas~

LilMikey

Jun 16, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frog already said Daugela's entry was not the winner. And he says Tejaas (if he thought it was an entry) is not the winning name. If he knows what didn't win he should tell us what did win.

The first announce date (October 25th) was missed, the second announce date (the end of October) was missed. I was told by a person working for Deteknix that the announce date is now Monday. Detecknix may not have professional marketers on their staff but good sense should tell you not to miss announced product release dates without explanation, and do it more than once. Rank mode Off!

bigboar

Mar 3, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer, Minelab Go-Find 40
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frog already said Daugela's entry was not the winner. And he says Tejaas (if he thought it was an entry) is not the winning name. If he knows what didn't win he should tell us what did win.

The first announce date (October 25th) was missed, the second announce date (the end of October) was missed. I was told by a person working for Deteknix that the announce date is now Monday. Detecknix may not have professional marketers on their staff but good sense should tell you not to miss announced product release dates without explanation, and do it more than once. Rank mode Off!

I hope you dont take this the wrong way as I understand what youre saying but I guess I just look at it different LM... If frog does know I would bet it is not his place to anounce it as it is deteknix contest. I look at it as a completely awesome gesture to hold a contest and give all of us an opportunity to receive a free detector and possibly other goodies. They didnt have to do so and even though they may be a little behind in anouncing it, I am sure a few lucky people are going to be on cloud 9 once it is anounced. I am hoping I am one of those lucky ones(just like everybody else) but if not, in my opinion it was still awesome for them to have this contest and I will be on here congratulating the people who win... It just doesnt bother me if its been an extra week or so as the detector hasnt even been released yet and they have not anounced the date as far as i have saw...for all we know it wont be released for another couple months and the winners wont receive their items for awhile anyhow...

I know one thing though, my fingers are getting sore from checking this thread about a 1000 times a day...lol

Last edited:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Good post bigboar! I agree totally. Win or not, this contest was a pretty great thing for Deteknix to do! I'm a very anxious person and am very excited to see the winner's announced. But, considering this is something that didn't have to do, I won't get upset about the delay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread