OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frog already said Daugela's entry was not the winner. And he says Tejaas (if he thought it was an entry) is not the winning name. If he knows what didn't win he should tell us what did win.

The first announce date (October 25th) was missed, the second announce date (the end of October) was missed. I was told by a person working for Deteknix that the announce date is now Monday. Detecknix may not have professional marketers on their staff but good sense should tell you not to miss announced product release dates without explanation, and do it more than once. Rank mode Off!

Dude... it's a contest. They're a small company, that's growing large (probably faster than they planned). Good for them.

As such, they're probably a little busy with actual things that companies which are in the midst of launching a new product do... like making sure the product is right, and handling production logistics, and the like. Cut 'em some slack for goodness sake.

We're all anxious to hear who won (and I'm sure everybody's convinced it was them)... but let's not let our eagerness to hear the result turn us into spiteful antagonists.

They're offering something good to the detecting community, that they didn't have to offer. They don't deserve a kick in the crotch because it isn't happening on the timetable of our choosing.

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a cool looking detector good luck to all

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's just a hunch, but I have a feeling that the winners might already know. Maybe the winners were notified, but no one else.

Since the rest of us on here don't know, perhaps that means we're not the winners?

LilMikey

Jun 16, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you dont take this the wrong way as I understand what youre saying but I guess I just look at it different LM... If frog does know I would bet it is not his place to anounce it as it is deteknix contest. I look at it as a completely awesome gesture to hold a contest and give all of us an opportunity to receive a free detector and possibly other goodies. They didnt have to do so and even though they may be a little behind in anouncing it, I am sure a few lucky people are going to be on cloud 9 once it is anounced. I am hoping I am one of those lucky ones(just like everybody else) but if not, in my opinion it was still awesome for them to have this contest and I will be on here congratulating the people who win... It just doesnt bother me if its been an extra week or so as the detector hasnt even been released yet and they have not anounced the date as far as i have saw...for all we know it wont be released for another couple months and the winners wont receive their items for awhile anyhow...

I know one thing though, my fingers are getting sore from checking this thread about a 1000 times a day...lol

Bigboar, I don't take it the wrong way, in fact I agree with you on all you said. But apparently Frog is associated with Deteknix and told one maybe two people that their entries did not win. That and it looks like 2 winners out of the 6 have been announced in Europe and the German MDF fighting about how to disperse the one they were given. With zero communication from Deteknix along with the other things I feel it's been a big Snafu and bad business practice. This is not the first time Deteknix has missed a rollout. I know that my chances of winning have gone from slim to none because of my posts but c'est la vie.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jeff :laughing7:

Lets say they were "a bit busy" by the production of the test samples and the first series.

I'm usually in close contact with them but the last month was a special period for them: lunching 2 new detectors is not something easy for a little company like them.

I really hope their 2 babies will be as good as their pinpointers Xpointer series.

Jeff have you participate to this naming competition?

Yes I did. I was one of the first in this thread. post #10.
at that point I thought I had a Chance .. Not many guesses yet :laughing7:

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
You can have look to this photo to check the quality of their Xpointer Diver pinpointer:

Tested nearly down to -100ft a few days ago... I will make a deeper test shortly.

deteknix diver 90ft.JPG

First test in low depth approx 40-50ft with CTX3030 in the moded version

ctx3030-diver--2.jpg frogmaster-ctx-2.jpg frogmaster-ctx3030-diver-2.jpg

Do I really look like a Marketing guy sitting 10h per day on my chair surfing on facebook to create the buzz ??? :laughing7:

PS: I'm not associated with Deteknix, I receive some samples to test and make photos like I do for other brands also...

Last edited:

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
One thing is certain, there'll only be one winner, so there's really no rush to find out who it is - at least it will surprise someone.

Their contest is a wonderfully creative way to launch a product and gain a whole lot of interest in their line of detectors. If I were them, I'd smooth out all wrinkles prior to launch, and that has to be their greatest focus right now. Can't kick off a bomb and expect to survive intact. At least they're really working at it. We can't criticize them for our own anxieties - they have their own to deal with right now - after all, this means their survival.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
their orange xpointer Pinpoiner interests me.
I'm sure eventually I'll need to replace my garrett,
So I particularly pay attention to pinpointers :tongue3:

Last edited:

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you need a waterproof one?

Diver version (yellow) has the same performance then the other Xpointers. It is just more "waterproof" then the others of the range.... I can recommand it, its a good all around pinpointer

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you need a waterproof one?

Diver version (yellow) has the same performance then the other Xpointers. It is just more "waterproof" then the others of the range.... I can recommand it, its a good all around pinpointer

No, not really. I may on occasion need to reach under the water in a creek
But I believe Water Resistant would work for that.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Follow UP on this competition,

5 candidates have been selected worldwide (US, UK, Germany, France & Switzerland)

Deteknix is based in California so they should notified the US winner shortly....

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Follow UP on this competition,

5 candidates have been selected worldwide (US, UK, Germany, France & Switzerland)

Deteknix is based in California so they should notified the US winner shortly....

I don't have much expectations on me winning anyway but i hope living in Canada would exclude me on having a chance. It never stated anywhere that you had to be only a US citizen on this site to be eligible to win i don't think.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't have much expectations on me winning anyway but i hope living in Canada would exclude me on having a chance. It never stated anywhere that you had to be only a US citizen on this site to be eligible to win i don't think.

OOOPPPPPPSSSSSSS

So sorry, désolé!

I mean North american forums / je voulais dire les forums d'amérique du Nord

See, I apologize in both Canadian language LoL (I don't speak native indian sorry)
VOus voyez, je m'excuse dans les deux langues officielles (American et Quebecoi), ne parlant pas le language des indiens indigènes...

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nothing to do with winning a prize i would also like to mention that there is a growing number of people metal detecting up here in Canada plus a lot if great ones already. It would make good business sense to new company to target up here with a new machine in a market thats rapidly growing and not flooded with other brands to compete with! [emoji2]

sproatz

Oct 2, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites spectra v3i with multiple coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I was a metal detector tester and reviewer and got free detectors delivered to me to both have and test to review products. Just a dream

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sproatz

Oct 2, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites spectra v3i with multiple coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am batman

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread