New England Treasure

M.Brian

Greenie
Mar 18, 2018
Connecticut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,

Recently have become enamored with the lost history of New England. With much of our countries beginnings happening here, there has to be a number of war relics and lost coins to be found. I am a beginner and am looking at purchasing my first detector. Does anyone have any good solid leads in Connecticut and Massachusetts’s? I recently heard of the tale of the lost Washington dollars of east granby but the story is shrouded in doubt. Being from the town the myth occurs in naturally I will have to at least give it a look myself. I would love to hear stories of any kind of quests for treasure in the New England area. Thank you and good luck to all.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thirteens wagons load of gold coins burrow from France during the Rev. War at Bates Tavern is total untrue. Story been in treasure magazines for over 30 years. The Bate family who live at the tavern never heard of the story until they had read a letter to editor of a newspaper and the magazines run with it. France and our country did not have much gold. Good hunting and good luck.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Central Illinois. 🙋

sataro

Jan 16, 2013
Corsicana, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 | Nokta Simplex+ | Tesoro Mohave | Quest Xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Corsicana, Texas!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TNet from Southern California. Best of luck with your research and subsequent treasure hunt.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard M.Brian! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Connecticut for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
M

M.Brian

Greenie
Mar 18, 2018
Connecticut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone for your responses, the hospitality is appreciated. I was looking at the ace 300 as my first detector. Last night I rounded up every delinquent gift card I have laying around to make a dent in the price tag.. The first of many hunts haha. Anyways thanks everyone for helping. If anyone has any stories of their first finds or most exciting moments hunting I would love to hear them. Thanks again

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard from a fellow CT'er. GL&HH!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello and welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome from Mississippi .

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters -- welcome to our community!

Dec 25, 2018
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 150/white’s MX SPORT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,try the east granby library historic section for the Lemuel bates treasure,but call the library first to find when the history department is working,that section is not open every day.happy hunting!

Dragonscout

Nov 1, 2018
Warner Robins, Ga
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO (formerly) - Tesoro Mojave, and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site from middle Georgia! Great to have you here and already looking to discover or debunk the mysteries of your area. If you haven't purchased a machine yet, scour the ads in Craigslist. I found some great machines for pretty decent prices. I bought a Tesoro Mojave as a second machine that had less than 50 hours on it for only a couple hundred bucks and the guy was whittling down from over 15 machines. Quite a few are new out there, but if you see and older machine, check it's provenance and then look here in the manufacturers forum for the machine and you'll probably find a wealth of information from actual users to help you make a decision. Anyway, best of luck on your new sport and finding the right machine for you!!

sheiswe

Oct 5, 2015
CT
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV,ace 250, garret AT PRO. Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am also from CT, found plenty of interesting history

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan
:occasion14:
:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread