Attachments

• Picture 774.jpg
    Picture 774.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 321
  • Picture 777.jpg
    Picture 777.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 313
Upvote 0
I had walked the very spot where I found it a week ago. The ground had just been tilled and I couldn't hardly see anything. I waited for a couple of heavy rains and then walked it again. It's amazing how much dirt can be washed away by just a couple of rains. Found a few more artifacts that day, will post pics soon.

Thanks for looking.

That is one great point...d2

Thanks D2! I had that "Fifty-row stare" going on when I found it. You know when you've been walking and looking half the day and your eyes start playing tricks on you. You have to stop and look at the horizon for a while just to let your eyes re-adjust. I looked down and then saw it. I was very excited!

Thanks for posting!

Nice point AdenaMan,
I wish I had plowed fields in my area,

Fossis..........................

Thanks Fossis! There are still a few plowed fields in my area. The tobacco farmers are holding on for as long as they can. Everything else is basically no-till. I love hunting plowed fields. I hope to be able to keep hunting them for a few more years.

Good luck!

Johnny X said:
That's a beauty adena!

Keep em coming and best of luck my friend.

xstevenx

Thanks Johnny X! I found a few more during a period of 2 weeks. I hope to get pics of them posted soon.

Good luck!

tomsneck said:
Yeah adena, sweet point. I like the colors

colin

Thanks Tomsneck! That is one of the more colorful ones that I have found in a while. Usually they are one color. I found a birdpoint the other day that is black at the hafting end and red on the tip. It stuck out like a sore thumb in the dirt.

Good luck!

jbl04410 said:
Truly beautiful AdenaMan they just dont make them like that up here..........Jay

Thanks Jay! I am surprised that it survived the disc and plow. The farmer churns the ground up to where it is as loose as sand. I guess you have to with all of that clay we have in the ground.

Good luck!

Adena_man said:
I found this laid out on top of the ground this past weekend.
Well you are the adena man . I see why . that is a really sweet adena,love the colors can,t wait to see more .THANKS for sharing ohio river hunter

Wow that is a great find.Material might be flint ridge kinda looks like it thru pic.

Great job refoucusing. I love the colors. Can you verify the material and the time frame? I have never seen the material before, I would like to put the information in my log book. Sweet looking point!

pickaway said:
Wow that is a great find.Material might be flint ridge kinda looks like it thru pic.

Thanks Pickaway! This is the prettiest one that I have found in a long while. I wish I knew more about material types.

Thanks for posting!

ohioriver hunter said:
Adena_man said:
I found this laid out on top of the ground this past weekend.
Well you are the adena man . I see why . that is a really sweet adena,love the colors can,t wait to see more .THANKS for sharing ohio river hunter

Hey Ohio! Man I would love to find a couple more like this one! My legs didn't seem to hurt as bad after I found it. ;D

Thanks for posting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back