What's new

New finds from last weeks sites

McCDig

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Messages
3,753
Reaction score
9,039
Golden Thread
1
Location
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New finds from last week's sites

Tried an "old features" hunt today from 1881 overlay. Went to GPS coordinates of 5 of 8 and found most old features to have modern fill, so I abandoned going to the next three and just hunted where I found the silver dime and Indian heads from last week. The results were promising. I'd like to id the flat button but just can't read all the lettering; "FINE GILT" are around edge and letters "T. H. below shank. Any help you may give in identifying any of the older finds is appreciated.

animal.webpbrass_pieces.webpflat_button.webpornamented_band.webpvest_button.webpvintage_collar_button.webpwheats_16D_52D.webp
 
Upvote 6
Pretty cool,, I like the toy dogs.
Boy that wheat penny really got hit hard.
Nice hunt:icon_thumright:
 
Missing some legs, but it made it into the 21st century!!

Almost found a half penny!:laughing7:
 
Nice old flat button!, some nice finds there!
 
Thanks, cjon. I'm encouraged. This is just my fourth hunt at this city park. Been going about every three or four days over the past two weeks.
 
Congrats on those nice digs. Looks like your research is paying dividends. :occasion14:
 
Thanks, L-D. I'll keep "rescuing" those targets!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom