New Finds - Killer Serrated Triangle

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paleojoe and I went and did some hunting yesterday and we did really well. I found 6 Beads, 1 Shell Disc, 4 Marginellas, and a Bone Bead and the best Serrated Triangle Point I have ever found. This point has a needle tip, really nice serrations, and a nice convex fan shaped base. Joe found a few Beads himself including a Shell Disc and a killer Bone Bead. I'm sure he'll post his later. I also found a couple of pieces of worked and cut Deer Antler, a few broken points, and a bunch of Pottery Rim Shards.

Attachments

• Triangle05.jpg
    Triangle05.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 299
  • Triangle06.jpg
    Triangle06.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 298
  • Triangle07.jpg
    Triangle07.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 303
  • Triangle02.jpg
    Triangle02.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 296
Upvote 0

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW !!! thats the best triangle i have seen in your collection so far steve. All nice finds. Congrats.

paleojoe

Mar 31, 2008
Great looking point Dork. It's amazing what you can find when the conditions are right ;D love the beads too. I will try to get mine posted in a bit.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: ya very nice indeed jamey

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh man what a point. What a thrill to see the tip not broke. Now that is a very nice find.
Congratulations Mr Fort Ancient.

Regards,
TnMountains

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Steve, that point is unreal. Triangles like that, as I am sure you know, are probably one in two thousand. Maybe even more rare. Super find!
Chuck

OP
OP
The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys and gals. Like I said in my first post, that is probably the best Serrated Triangle I have ever found. I've got a few that would have been better, but the all have little flea bits off of the tip while this one is perfect. Like Ohio said, finding one this good out of every 2,000 found is about the norm. I probably have well over 5,000 Triangle Points and this has to be the best one I have.

What was really cool is I found this while crawling and the tip was just barely peaking out of the dirt, probably about a 1/4" of it. I said a little prayer hoping it was whole and then I took a closer look and I could see the outline of the base just under the dirt, so I knew it was all there. I'd say with one more rain it would have been completely exposed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread