What's new

New Gloves for the COLD

surfnturf

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Messages
1,449
Reaction score
3,342
Golden Thread
2
Location
Gray Lady
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
X/CAL,DEUS Il….
Stealth 720i hybrd extreme Knox 900 Fisher AQ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s been subzero for two weeks with 8 inches of snow turning to ice can’t wait for a little bit warmer weather so I can get out in the water🏴‍☠️
Don’t even talk about the windchill factor🌬️🌬️
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4688.webp
    IMG_4688.webp
    3.5 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_4686.webp
    IMG_4686.webp
    51.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4656.webp
    IMG_4656.webp
    3.8 MB · Views: 89
Upvote 0
Are those quick attach/detach?
IYes…. this is a new addition to my underwater experience, they came highly recommended. Will use for the cold winter months.
 
And I thought I was a masochist...but thanks for pic; reaffirms my reason to spend these months in the south...
 
It’s been subzero for two weeks with 8 inches of snow turning to ice can’t wait for a little bit warmer weather so I can get out in the water🏴‍☠️
Don’t even talk about the windchill factor🌬️🌬️
Great choice! Early on I was using Neoprene gloves but with brutal temps, wind and old age had me searching for something else. Then I went to clammer gauntlet gloves .. not bad but did limit how far you could go out in the water. Some how came across those, 2014..and never used anything else. I did add a few upgrades to them. I aquasealed the inside rim and the outside rim where the gloves lock into the rings and with that I do not use the grooved ring that spins them loose allowing you to take them off. I found it very hard to get the ring past the arm cuff on the shaft. By using the aquaseal they are locked into place, and if you ever need to change out the glove you just cut it off and remove the Aquaseal.
 
Great choice! Early on I was using Neoprene gloves but with brutal temps, wind and old age had me searching for something else. Then I went to clammer gauntlet gloves .. not bad but did limit how far you could go out in the water. Some how came across those, 2014..and never used anything else. I did add a few upgrades to them. I aquasealed the inside rim and the outside rim where the gloves lock into the rings and with that I do not use the grooved ring that spins them loose allowing you to take them off. I found it very hard to get the ring past the arm cuff on the shaft. By using the aquaseal they are locked into place, and if you ever need to change out the glove you just cut it off and remove the Aquaseal.

Thanks for the awesome recommendation!!🏴‍☠️
 
  • Like
Reactions: OBN
i use 7mm ones for cold waters
Casper, I got I think a pair of five mil and a pair of three mil for fall and summer🏴‍☠️
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    2.4 MB · Views: 50
when i used to hunt winter waters alot...i used to wear 7mm everything - i used to called it my "artic suit"
I would get tired before i got cold
there was alot of trial and error though in the 80s-90s
I got hyperthermia more than once
 
when i used to hunt winter waters alot...i used to wear 7mm everything - i used to called it my "artic suit"
I would get tired before i got cold
there was alot of trial and error though in the 80s-90s
I got hyperthermia more than once
Yes, Casper you are definitely an animal in the water!!
You went where other men feared to go!
Big Jim, OBN and You are exceptional COLD water hunters!
And I thank you all for the plethora of information you have given over the years!💛
Serious respect!🏴‍☠️
SnT
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4699.webp
    IMG_4699.webp
    5.4 MB · Views: 57

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom