What's new

New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia XVII

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
All I can say is wow! This Minelab GPX5000 is the real deal. Minelab sent me to Northern Virginia this past week to present a awesome GPX 5000 to be raffled for charity. :notworthy: This machine is simply amazing. I met some great people, and saw some old friends. There were 500 people hunting 4,000 acres. It really was alot fun folks. In the 3rd picture down, are my Tnet buddies, Tnrelicman, Tymcmurray, James Bibb and his super cool wife. The last pic is of me about to fall into a hole I dug searching for what turned out to be my NY button DEEP! ;D The "Diggin in Virginia" is a Bi-annual hunt on Civil War camp and battle sites in Northern Virginia. Thank you Gary Schaefer, Rob freeman, Minelab, Coiltek,Jeff Herke Cuffs, Cuffies arm cuffs, and Doc's Place for your sponsorship. :hello2: :hello2:
 

Attachments

  • 025 (1024x768).webp
    025 (1024x768).webp
    76 KB · Views: 941
  • 2011-04-04 CULPEPPER  D.I.V. 17 004.webp
    2011-04-04 CULPEPPER D.I.V. 17 004.webp
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,697
  • 2011-04-04 CULPEPPER  D.I.V. 17 002.webp
    2011-04-04 CULPEPPER D.I.V. 17 002.webp
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,697
  • 2011-04-02 CULPEPPER  D.I.V. 17 009.webp
    2011-04-02 CULPEPPER D.I.V. 17 009.webp
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,710
  • 2011-03-31 CULPEPPER  D.I.V. 17 004.webp
    2011-03-31 CULPEPPER D.I.V. 17 004.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,717
  • 2011-03-31 CULPEPPER  D.I.V. 17 003.webp
    2011-03-31 CULPEPPER D.I.V. 17 003.webp
    65 KB · Views: 1,726
  • 2011-03-31 CULPEPPER  D.I.V. 17 001.webp
    2011-03-31 CULPEPPER D.I.V. 17 001.webp
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,699
  • 2011-04-04 CULPEPPER  D.I.V. 17 008.webp
    2011-04-04 CULPEPPER D.I.V. 17 008.webp
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,686
  • 2011-04-04 CULPEPPER  D.I.V. 17 006.webp
    2011-04-04 CULPEPPER D.I.V. 17 006.webp
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,672
  • 2011-04-04 CULPEPPER  D.I.V. 17 005.webp
    2011-04-04 CULPEPPER D.I.V. 17 005.webp
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,676
  • 015 (1024x768).webp
    015 (1024x768).webp
    126 KB · Views: 1,655
  • 010 (1024x768).webp
    010 (1024x768).webp
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,651
  • 025 (1024x768).webp
    025 (1024x768).webp
    76 KB · Views: 891
Upvote 0
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Wow.... looks like you had a great hunt! :icon_thumright:

Those finds and seeing how BedfordBob's recent hunts have ended are starting to convince me that I need to save some more $$$ soon....

O don't know whether to :'( at the thought or be like this ;D at the thought of spending that much cash on a detector! :-\ And I thought the Etrac was expensive.... ::)
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Nice finds Mike. Randy said the machine did well. HH, Quindy.
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

more pics


 

Attachments

  • 033 (1024x768).webp
    033 (1024x768).webp
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,586
  • 014 (1024x768).webp
    014 (1024x768).webp
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,548
  • 025 (1024x768).webp
    025 (1024x768).webp
    76 KB · Views: 1,548
  • 023 (1024x768).webp
    023 (1024x768).webp
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,569
  • 043 (1024x768).webp
    043 (1024x768).webp
    62 KB · Views: 1,565
  • 045 (1024x768).webp
    045 (1024x768).webp
    93 KB · Views: 1,567
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Man, that looks like so much fun!!! Great day and camaraderie!!! Cool deal Mike, I'm envious ;D
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Great Finds Mike ! That 5000 Rocks ! Congrats on all the finds. Wish I could have gotten my coil over some more stuff when I was down there.
HH
BB
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Welcome back Mickey. Looks like a lot of fun.
Are all those your finds on the red cloth? :icon_scratch: If so, you kicked some serious buttocks. :hello2:
I bet the guy that won that detector was one happy camper.
Well done brotha. Thanks for the great pictures. :thumbsup:
-Dug-
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Nice finds Mike. We sure had a blast there didn't we. I can tell everyone that the GPX 5000 simply went deeper than any machine there. You were up on that one camp on the hill and it had been picked clean and you went in there and was digging all around those holes. I am including the picture of you digging a button that was about two foot deep. In the last picture you can see all the holes that were dug around where you found this button. It was a pleasure hunting with you buddy. I am sure there will be a lot of the GPX's at the next hunt.
 

Attachments

  • 015 (1024x768).webp
    015 (1024x768).webp
    268.9 KB · Views: 1,530
  • 016 (1024x768).webp
    016 (1024x768).webp
    205.6 KB · Views: 1,511
  • 024 (1024x768).webp
    024 (1024x768).webp
    281.4 KB · Views: 1,514
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

:icon_thumright:
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

:thumbsup:
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Nice finds, looks like a great day to be afield! Looks like u were all but to China in that one pic :D

Holy Crap, just saw the price on that.....dang, it better find gold bars on a daily basis......whew....my heart is still racing from the initial shock ;D
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Great bunch of pictures. Looks like you had a good time. Also nice finds.
Dman
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Woodland Detectors said:
more pics

Not sure what day this picture was taken but I dug 15 .69 round balls from the same spot you are in there with the detector over the hole. Just down from that lillian recovered a beasty .72 and i found a nice ringtail drop. That little knoll was loaded with bullets. Look at the size of the big boy the ring tail is .52 and the fattie is .72 according to my micrometer You tore it up there Mike. I couldnt find any real buttons pockets to save my a$$ there. Got some nice spencers and a copper but NO buttons :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • P1060660.webp
    P1060660.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,340
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

the hole's you dug reminds me of my White's classic one,I use before it went on the frits. :thumbsup:
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

jamesbibb said:
Woodland Detectors said:
more pics

Not sure what day this picture was taken but I dug 15 .69 round balls from the same spot you are in there with the detector over the hole. Just down from that lillian recovered a beasty .72 and i found a nice ringtail drop. That little knoll was loaded with bullets. Look at the size of the big boy the ring tail is .52 and the fattie is .72 according to my micrometer You tore it up there Mike. I couldnt find any real buttons pockets to save my a$$ there. Got some nice spencers and a copper but NO buttons :icon_scratch:
Great bullets James. That .72 is deadly. I had a great time seeing you all.
 
You did quite well!

It was nice to meet you Mike. If you remember, I was sitting right in front of you at the hunt meeting. Wish I could have won that 5000 you were donating. That was awesome for you to do that, BTW. I couldn't do anything in the iron with the 4000 I was borrowing with the mono coil. Ended up using the Infinium after noon the first day. Found a few things, but nothing like you Minelab guys. Congrats on a successful hunt, and hope to run into you again at the next hunt. Take care ..... Bill
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Thanks for the pics, looks like you had a great time.
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

That GPX 5000 was simply a beast for depth! A terrific machine and I can attest to Randy's statement above about seeing you in a 2 foot hole diggin out a relic ;D I meant to ask you how you did on that last hill where we had dug all the bullets Sun. Morning, according to James you were diggin alot of signals!
Great times and I hope that you make it a tradition man bc it was cool having you there buddy!
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

{Sentinel} said:
That GPX 5000 was simply a beast for depth! A terrific machine and I can attest to Randy's statement above about seeing you in a 2 foot hole diggin out a relic ;D I meant to ask you how you did on that last hill where we had dug all the bullets Sun. Morning, according to James you were diggin alot of signals!
Great times and I hope that you make it a tradition man bc it was cool having you there buddy!
I certainly will Josh. It great hanging out with you too buddy. I hope you are feeling better. Let's set something up here soon. We should have a great time up at the button dump.
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Great looking recoveries there Mike. I was really hoping to walk away with GPX. I was looking forward to the "tutorial" on how to use that beast on Saturday afternoon.

In your second posting of pictures, the last picture, looking down the hill toward the ponds, that was the "hottest" hill I had the misfortune to try and detect on. My poor old White's XLT screamed in agony trying to ground balance. I simply had to walk away...

Seeing some of the wells you GPX guys were diggin, did you hit water? :laughing7:
If they get any deeper seeking you'll need to carry a ladder to make recoveries.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom