What's new

New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia XVII

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
All I can say is wow! This Minelab GPX5000 is the real deal. Minelab sent me to Northern Virginia this past week to present a awesome GPX 5000 to be raffled for charity. :notworthy: This machine is simply amazing. I met some great people, and saw some old friends. There were 500 people hunting 4,000 acres. It really was alot fun folks. In the 3rd picture down, are my Tnet buddies, Tnrelicman, Tymcmurray, James Bibb and his super cool wife. The last pic is of me about to fall into a hole I dug searching for what turned out to be my NY button DEEP! ;D The "Diggin in Virginia" is a Bi-annual hunt on Civil War camp and battle sites in Northern Virginia. Thank you Gary Schaefer, Rob freeman, Minelab, Coiltek,Jeff Herke Cuffs, Cuffies arm cuffs, and Doc's Place for your sponsorship. :hello2: :hello2:
 

Attachments

  • 025 (1024x768).webp
    025 (1024x768).webp
    76 KB · Views: 941
  • 2011-03-31 CULPEPPER  D.I.V. 17 001.webp
    2011-03-31 CULPEPPER D.I.V. 17 001.webp
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,699
  • 2011-03-31 CULPEPPER  D.I.V. 17 003.webp
    2011-03-31 CULPEPPER D.I.V. 17 003.webp
    65 KB · Views: 1,726
  • 2011-03-31 CULPEPPER  D.I.V. 17 004.webp
    2011-03-31 CULPEPPER D.I.V. 17 004.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,717
  • 2011-04-02 CULPEPPER  D.I.V. 17 009.webp
    2011-04-02 CULPEPPER D.I.V. 17 009.webp
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,710
  • 2011-04-04 CULPEPPER  D.I.V. 17 002.webp
    2011-04-04 CULPEPPER D.I.V. 17 002.webp
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,697
  • 2011-04-04 CULPEPPER  D.I.V. 17 004.webp
    2011-04-04 CULPEPPER D.I.V. 17 004.webp
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,697
  • 2011-04-04 CULPEPPER  D.I.V. 17 008.webp
    2011-04-04 CULPEPPER D.I.V. 17 008.webp
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,686
  • 2011-04-04 CULPEPPER  D.I.V. 17 006.webp
    2011-04-04 CULPEPPER D.I.V. 17 006.webp
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,672
  • 2011-04-04 CULPEPPER  D.I.V. 17 005.webp
    2011-04-04 CULPEPPER D.I.V. 17 005.webp
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,676
  • 010 (1024x768).webp
    010 (1024x768).webp
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,651
  • 015 (1024x768).webp
    015 (1024x768).webp
    126 KB · Views: 1,655
  • 025 (1024x768).webp
    025 (1024x768).webp
    76 KB · Views: 891
Upvote 0
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Awesome finds .look at those relics Congratulations
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Nice hunt Mike dang 3000 acres :o those are some good finds that NY button i saw it on the video :icon_thumleft: maybe i will find a Virgina button on my 3 day hunt coming up soon :laughing7: Good hunt Mike :thumbsup: Jim

 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Great pics Mike!! You did very well, that machine does rock from everything I saw found with it. Congrats!!
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Holy Cow! :o A button in there? I think the last time I dug a hole that big there was a hubcap in the bottom of it. :D What a great display of finds, Mike! And love all the pics. Looks like a great time for a lot of folks! :icon_thumright:

Nana
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Bill D. (VA) said:
It was nice to meet you Mike. If you remember, I was sitting right in front of you at the hunt meeting. Wish I could have won that 5000 you were donating. That was awesome for you to do that, BTW. I couldn't do anything in the iron with the 4000 I was borrowing with the mono coil. Ended up using the Infinium after noon the first day. Found a few things, but nothing like you Minelab guys. Congrats on a successful hunt, and hope to run into you again at the next hunt. Take care ..... Bill
I sure do remember Bill. It was real good chatting with you buddy
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Woodland Detectors said:
{Sentinel} said:
That GPX 5000 was simply a beast for depth! A terrific machine and I can attest to Randy's statement above about seeing you in a 2 foot hole diggin out a relic ;D I meant to ask you how you did on that last hill where we had dug all the bullets Sun. Morning, according to James you were diggin alot of signals!
Great times and I hope that you make it a tradition man bc it was cool having you there buddy!
I certainly will Josh. It great hanging out with you too buddy. I hope you are feeling better. Let's set something up here soon. We should have a great time up at the button dump.

Hey you two.......Don't try to take a detector in that button dump! It would sound like Morse Code in your headphones! Mike and Josh, it was good to chew the fat with you guys for a while. Looks like you guys got it done at DIV! Mike You need a longer shovel buddy! Every picture you are on your knees. That means deep holes or praying for relics! (Maybe both) lol. Josh.....HOLY COW man! Those display cases you had at the hotel were MUSEUM QUALITY! I am humbled my friend! I hope we can all do it again some day.
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Tony (NC) said:
Woodland Detectors said:
{Sentinel} said:
That GPX 5000 was simply a beast for depth! A terrific machine and I can attest to Randy's statement above about seeing you in a 2 foot hole diggin out a relic ;D I meant to ask you how you did on that last hill where we had dug all the bullets Sun. Morning, according to James you were diggin alot of signals!
Great times and I hope that you make it a tradition man bc it was cool having you there buddy!
I certainly will Josh. It great hanging out with you too buddy. I hope you are feeling better. Let's set something up here soon. We should have a great time up at the button dump.

Hey you two.......Don't try to take a detector in that button dump! It would sound like Morse Code in your headphones! Mike and Josh, it was good to chew the fat with you guys for a while. Looks like you guys got it done at DIV! Mike You need a longer shovel buddy! Every picture you are on your knees. That means deep holes or praying for relics! (Maybe both) lol. Josh.....HOLY COW man! Those display cases you had at the hotel were MUSEUM QUALITY! I am humbled my friend! I hope we can all do it again some day.
LOL Yeah Tony, that machine is staying home on that trip buddy. It was sure nice seeing you my friend. I hope you like the back pack.

Mike
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

that is a dream of mine to do a hunt like that :icon_thumright:
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Mikey,
You better get another manicure and a small backhoe. :tongue3: :laughing9:
That machine sounds incredible!
I say we hit Quindy's property and dig up some of those buried jars of gold & silver coins. :thumbsup:
-Dug-
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Mike, I have never hunted that particular farm at Brandy Station but what was the average depth of the relics you recovered? Just curious my friend, Quindy.
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Wow! looks like a great time! When is the next hunt? Would like to be there...
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

ModernMiner said:
Mikey,
You better get another manicure and a small backhoe. :tongue3: :laughing9:
That machine sounds incredible!
I say we hit Quindy's property and dig up some of those buried jars of gold & silver coins. :thumbsup:
-Dug-
LOL I'm in Doug
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

VOL1266-X said:
Mike, I have never hunted that particular farm at Brandy Station but what was the average depth of the relics you recovered? Just curious my friend, Quindy.
Hey Quindy,
I guess my average depth would be 5-7 inches buddy
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

wow mike ,sure wish i lived out that way . so this detector is better than the e-track?
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

You had a great hunt Mike. Good to see you at a DIV event.
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Sweet :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Hey Mike, one of these days I'll get to go and join the big leagues. I can tell everyone had a great time. Also, if this economy ever gets out of the toilet a GPX 6000 or 8000 will be waiting on me.
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Nice to meet you Mike.

Greg
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

Yes Tim everyone had a great time. I am just so impressed how this machine performed. The Coiltek Platypus dd worked awesome out there. I need to get down there and see you so you can use mine.

Good to hear from you Tim

Mike
 
Re: New GPX5000 digs from the Diggin In Virginia Hunt

BOY I WISHED I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE WITH YOU
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom