What's new

New guy from the Mountains of N.Georgia

K9-1

Full Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2026
Messages
174
Reaction score
1,072
Golden Thread
0
Hi everyone.
I moved to GA a few years ago with my wife,dogs,and cats. I just got into metal detecting and hunting for gold on my property. I have an old gold mine here and some old pre civil war building foundations and 1 home foundation that dates back to the civil war. Lots of minerals and a creek to hunt. Im currently use an AT Max detector and order some tools to help me from estwing.
Really looking forward to learn alot from members here and engage in the conversations!
 
Good luck your in a great spot

Thanks!
I feel like im in a good spot...lol! My neighbor has also given me permission to hunt his land and creek. So I got alot of places to go just out my door.
Ive seen a few rubies picked out of the streams here. I hear a emerald can pop up here,but NC seems to be the better spot.
 
Hi everyone.
I moved to GA a few years ago...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at FORUM: GEORGIA for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
 
Welcome from the hills of central NJ. Good luck with the gold! There are some gold hunters and sluicers on this site. Post up your finds in Todays Finds when you have a chance.
 
Hi everyone.
I moved to GA a few years ago with my wife,dogs,and cats. I just got into metal detecting and hunting for gold on my property. I have an old gold mine here and some old pre civil war building foundations and 1 home foundation that dates back to the civil war. Lots of minerals and a creek to hunt. Im currently use an AT Max detector and order some tools to help me from estwing.
Really looking forward to learn alot from members here and engage in the conversations!
Welcome. Once the Gold bug bites, just so you know, there's no cure. 😄
 
Hi everyone.
I moved to GA a few years ago with my wife,dogs,and cats. I just got into metal detecting and hunting for gold on my property. I have an old gold mine here and some old pre civil war building foundations and 1 home foundation that dates back to the civil war. Lots of minerals and a creek to hunt. Im currently use an AT Max detector and order some tools to help me from estwing.
Really looking forward to learn alot from members here and engage in the conversations!
Hey K9 where are you in Georgia. I retired and moved here from Tarpon Springs Fl to north ga 5 years ago. I spend most of my time doing in depth research and obtaining permissions. The results usually reward me with very good densities of high quality targets. The A/T Max is a good reliable machine... run it in Zero mode. Let me know where you are as we may be in the same neighborhood. I spend 3-6 hours a day in the field... input is a reliable reflection of the output.

dz
 
Good morning K9 Do you need someone to come down and help you look L( hnehehe
 
Today im trying to knock out some household chores. Monday i got some yard work to do and a bit of running around. Im hoping to at minimum hit the stream that leads into my lake. Tuesday im gonna be at the mine area and foundations.
Ill take some good pictures!
I found an old map online of the gold deposits in GA. Im smack in the middle of the area in Union County right on the NC line. So hopefully I can scrounge something good up!?
 
Looks like a fantastic place call me
 
Welcome from the Blue Mountains of northeastern Oregon (in Union County) on the edge of Oregon's largest gold field!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom