New guy here. First post.

Conner

Mar 2, 2008
Hello everyone. I recently found out about pre-65 coins containing silver. I'm addicted. Ive been searching through my change for the last month and have found so far-

3 quarters- 1944,1948,1964

1 dime-1947

1 Canadian dime-1962

2 buffalo nickels- 1925,1937

3 wheat Penny's- 1941,1951,1944

I didn't know about war nickels being the only ones with silver content, that really bummed me out. I just found that out when i found your website.

I have 1-1940,1-1941,1-1951,1-1960,2-1962,3-1963,12-1964

2 barber quarters, 1911 and 1907.

Thank you for having such a fine website, i really enjoy it.

Connor:
Welcome aboard!!
If you ever have any coin Qs to ask, this board is loaded with experts. You may also wish to pick up 'The Official Red Book' A Guide book of US Coins--2008, by R.S. Yeoman. It's definately the primer for US coins, if not the bible.
Enjoy,
Don....

Conner Welcome to our world. Congrats on your new collection looking good allready.

A good start!

Pulling Barber Quarters out of change is luck beyond luck!

Though, my coworker pulled a Standing Liberty Quarter out of a vending machine reciently! (Curse her).

Welcome to TNet Conner. Some nice coins you've got there.
Here's a war nickle I found last week on the tarmac of a gas
station I was at, so take heart they are still out there

HH
MichiganRob

Attachments

• warnikelfront.jpg
    warnikelfront.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 508
  • warnikelfront.jpg
    warnikelfront.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 512
Welcome to TNet and wow! Good haul for pocket silver. I've been scrupulously checking my pocket change for about three months now and have yet to find a single silver coin. The closest I've come to the silver years are about nine or ten 1965 quarters. I have found lots of copper pennies, though.

1960Texan

Welcome to Tnet! I'm amazed at how many banks I have been to that the teller didnt even know what an Eisenhowser or a Morgan dollar were!!! lots of silver floating around out there. Keep looking and finding! cheers, Shane

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back