New guy in UT

Ketch

Jul 5, 2009
Layton, UT
Just thought I'd say hey.... I'm the new guy around here. Born and raised in Layton and brand new to detecting. It's one of those things I've always wanted to try but never was able to. So sitting at the fireworks on the 4th with the kids and thinking of all the good stuff being dropped, I finally got off my duff!

Borrowed an old detector from my grandpa and spent about an hour searching my old elementary school last night. Found some junk, and old tiller tine, some bolts and tent stakes and an old nickel. So now I'm hooked and want a good detector of my own!

I have never really seen people out in my area but judging by this forum there are probably quite a few! anybody have any info on the area around Layton, tips on a detector (or one for sale), or anything else helpful to newbies in the area? I've been lurking around this forum for a couple days and it is a gold mine of info so I'm learning all I can!

shedigger

Mar 29, 2009
Welcome to the addiction :hello: there are three clubs in the area. The one closest to you is in Ogden trails west artifact society or TWAS. Also there is NUTS national Utah token society the meetings are the 4Th Thursday of every month here's the web sight www.geocities.com/[email protected]/ And UTA Utah treasure association the meetings are held the third Wednesday of the month. utahcollectors.com
We bought our detectors from J&J Metal Detectors in Sandy he is very helpful.
Happy hunting ;D

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
Hey new guy in Layton. I have an ace 250 that I'll sell for a flat $100. I wasn't going to sell it, but I took it out the other day and just ended up wishing I had my DFX the whole time, so if ya want it PM me. As far as Layton goes, just watch for tear ups around Gentile or main street. If you hit the big park use a screwdriver/probe to recover most coins because there is an idiot that detects that park and tears the crap out of it. I've seen his horrible handiwork twice now when I took my son to see the ducks, and its enough to get us all banned. Welcome to Tnet, GL to ya.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread