Ketch
Tenderfoot
- #1
Thread Owner
Just thought I'd say hey.... I'm the new guy around here. Born and raised in Layton and brand new to detecting. It's one of those things I've always wanted to try but never was able to. So sitting at the fireworks on the 4th with the kids and thinking of all the good stuff being dropped, I finally got off my duff!
Borrowed an old detector from my grandpa and spent about an hour searching my old elementary school last night. Found some junk, and old tiller tine, some bolts and tent stakes and an old nickel. So now I'm hooked and want a good detector of my own!
I have never really seen people out in my area but judging by this forum there are probably quite a few! anybody have any info on the area around Layton, tips on a detector (or one for sale), or anything else helpful to newbies in the area? I've been lurking around this forum for a couple days and it is a gold mine of info so I'm learning all I can!
Borrowed an old detector from my grandpa and spent about an hour searching my old elementary school last night. Found some junk, and old tiller tine, some bolts and tent stakes and an old nickel. So now I'm hooked and want a good detector of my own!
I have never really seen people out in my area but judging by this forum there are probably quite a few! anybody have any info on the area around Layton, tips on a detector (or one for sale), or anything else helpful to newbies in the area? I've been lurking around this forum for a couple days and it is a gold mine of info so I'm learning all I can!
there are three clubs in the area. The one closest to you is in Ogden trails west artifact society or TWAS. Also there is NUTS national Utah token society the meetings are the 4Th Thursday of every month here's the web sight 







