new guy post

dirttracker

Greenie
May 30, 2015
florida
Detector(s) used
none right now-more of a rock hound-I used to detect but haven't done it in 10 years.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been lurking on here on and off for the past year .It's fascinating the stuff that gets unearthed. I have done a bit of detecting a few years back but muck more of a point guy. My grandfather started this addiction when he left me an old pot(believed 1800,s Hepi Tewa) a folsom and about 50 other points and strings of beads he got traveling around on his horse back looking for Jesse James gold or just hunting for food.
I started point hunting in 09 but have collected all kinds of stuff over the years. 20 lb dino doo-doo,points,teeth of all kinds,fossilized bones,chunks of pottery,....im not a big computer genius so I will try to posts some pics in the appropriate places once I figure it out. Thank for a great site,I look forward to learning and seeing new stuff

Upvote 0

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good to hear. I'm very new to hunting and this site, but notice all of the views of peoples finds. Nice to see more new people :thumbsup:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi dirttracker; Greetings from Boston. Welcome to the TNet. Happy Hunting. PEACE:RONB

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome sir. Look forward to seeing the items you have found and inherited. The ancient pot and Folsum in particular. Enjoy the site.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from N GA

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the Western NC Piedmont! You will love this forum, everyone is nice and if you ask for help identifying something they will got out of their way to help. I found this forum a couple years ago when we found our first pottery in our creek and they have always been there to help me ID any points I am lucky to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread