What's new

New guy searching through 2 boxes of pennies...

BurnedSpy

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2009
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I searched through 2 boxes today, and pulled out 31 wheats:

2 1958

3 1957d One looked pretty good, still giving off a shine instead of the chocolate color.

1 1957, 2 1956, 2 1955, 2 1953, 1 1952d, 3 1951, 1 1951d, 1 1950, 1 1949, 1 1947s, 1 1945

1 1945d, 2 1944, 1 1942, 1 1941, 1 1940, 1 1937, 1 1935, and 1 1925.
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to forum, You have found a nice mix of dates and average if not a little above wheat ratio. I usually search just hand rolls and don't find that many. Do you look for errors and save the copper as well?
 
I don't really look for errors, unless I've got time to kill looking for them. The coppers, I don't, although, I may if the price of copper goes up some more. I just grab the wheats or whatever else is nice, go to my dump bank, and buy more. I'm addicted now. too bad tomorrow's Sunday, and the banks are closed though. By the way, thanks for the welcome^_^.
 
WELCOME TO THE MADNESS!!!

Great job on the Wheat's. They are really fun to find. I have found one or two myself(LOL!). If you every need help or questions you want answered you found the right place. There is plenty of people on here with tons of knowledge willing to help. The only problem now is you are never going to be able to stop...

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 
Shake-N-Bake said:
The only problem now is you are never going to be able to stop...

Happy Hunting,
Jason


That may work in my favor ^_^.
 
Welcome to the forum Mr. Weston. There are many very knowledgeable people here that share the addiction. I've been hand searching boxes of pennies as well, and I feel your pain about not being able to get them tomorrow. I deliberately didn't buy them yesterday so that I could accomplish more pressing tasks this weekend. I'll probably start buying 4 boxes on Fridays, in case I don't have other stuff to do on the weekends. Even if I don't get them done, at least I'll have them.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Welcome
Nice score :thumbsup:

I love pennies, hardly ever a skunk box.
 
Great score for 2 boxes. I'm averaging about 7 wheats a box now.
 
That's above average for my area. Good score on the wheats.
 
Welcome to our crazy little world.
Well done on the wheat pennies.
As for Sundays try the local grocery stores some of them have banks in
them open 7 days a week :P
Again Welcome and hh dan
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom