What's new

New Guy

NEZPERCE

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 4, 2021
Messages
6
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Idaho
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Lobro/super traq, BanditoUMax,Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been metal detecting on our farm up on the reservation . I have found some tokens that the Nez Perce had used in the area.
I was hoping there would be a book that would me identify them and get a better idea where they came from.
 
welcome to the site Nezperce , check out the native american section located a bit down the main page.
 
Welcome to Tnet .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. :hello:
 
Welcome aboard greetings from New York..stay safe out there
 
Good to have you onboard Nezperce. Looking forward to photos of your finds.

Mike
 
I Didn't see any books on tokens. I will see if I can find one at some on line sites. I have some early Metal Detecting books I picked up years ago in Dayton Wa. Has some early detectors articles and lots of early pics plus a few hand drawn maps for gold locations for prospecting.
 
what kind of tokens you looking for....commercial? communion? Canadian?
 
what kind of tokens you looking for....commercial? communion? Canadian?

I have two tokens that I found on our farm. Look like trade tokens. Locals said the tribe would use the spring just down the hill from our shop and equipment building. I think they were used when the Tinker would come by to trade. Trying to see if the are worth keeping.
Thanks Mike
 
Gold? In Idaho?

Take a look at:

geonote_40.pdf

This is fun!

P-68.pdf

There's plenty more on this site - and the price is right!

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

If I keep posting all this free stuff I'll never sell any more books...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom