New Guy

Danny186

Feb 7, 2022
Conroe, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex +
Name is Danny I'm new as a mater of fact I'm siting here waiting for the Brown Truck of happiness to bring me my new Nokta Simplex. I've never done this before but I've watched a lot of the videos on the Simplex. I have one question. If you fine a ring or something and you want to sell it what is the best way. My experience with Pawn shops hasn't been good back when I was in the Corp. I live in Conroe Texas and would like any suggestions on where to go. I'm an OLD Retired Marine, Other Hobby is Ham radio KK5XU.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! Good luck with the new detector. When you get it read the manual at least three times before you use it in the field. Take the manual with you when you use the detector and refer to it as you go. Re-read it again when you get home. Then practice, practice, practice. It will help you learn your detector and what it is telling you. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! :coffee2: Metal detectors (modern technology) are much easier to use now.

OH..POPS

Dec 18, 2021
Medway Ohio
Detector(s) used
Pops old one
Garrett Ace 400
Bounty Hunter
Sharp Shooter II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Danny from Middle TN. Arfieboy is correct Practice Practice and Practice. Good to have you on TNet

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Howdy and Welcome Danny from San Antonio! :wave:

Hope you have a great time with it when you get the hang of it. Around a tree or the front yard. For private property just ask permission.:icon_thumright:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from New Orleans Louisiana you know we love Texas welcome to treasure that you got a good machine have a great bunch of guys here have you ever found a ring? If not you might surprise yourself that when you do find a gold ring you might not just wanna go sell it I’m serious it happens lol it’s hard to find one and I wish you good luck Let us know with pictures when you do we love gold 🇺🇸

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Name is Danny I'm new as a mater of fact I'm siting here waiting for the Brown Truck of happiness to bring me my new Nokta Simplex. I've never done this before but I've watched a lot of the videos on the Simplex. I have one question. If you fine a ring or something and you want to sell it what is the best way. My experience with Pawn shops hasn't been good back when I was in the Corp. I live in Conroe Texas and would like any suggestions on where to go. I'm an OLD Retired Marine, Other Hobby is Ham radio KK5XU.
Welcome to one of the finer forums on the internet

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Name is Danny I'm new as a mater...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Danny! Take a look at Forum: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

...Other Hobby is Ham radio KK5XU...
tn_metal_detector.gif
-.. . ........ -.- . ...-- .--

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome! Congrats on the new machine!

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread